We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

I am at the Club level at Majestic Elegance. I thought I read on this forum that the wi-fi was free in the club level rooms. I was told only in the VIP lounge, which is what I am using now. How did you guys get wi-fi in the room?

Markham
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

We were there last year and wasn't able to get it either ;-(

Toronto
Level Contributor
96 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

I brought my cord and my laptop to have access in our room.Highly recommended. I believe other brought a router.

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

You have internet in your room but you will need a cord that you can get in the club lounge with a $10.00 refundable deposit but if you are using a Iphone or Ipad etc you would need a wireless router for your room. I take a small travel router with me. One week and we will be there.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

as Sailman stated,

the Internet connection on the Room is included, it is not wireless, it is a cable connection. bring your own cable or get for $10.- of refundable deposit a cable at the Club Lounge.

to use a wifi network on your room you need to bring one of those lil wifi travel routers to plug it in, so you can use wifi for I-phone, Tablet etc in the near surroundings of your room without carrying a cable around.

have Fun

Mike

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

Thanks everyone! I was able to get the cord for a refundable deposit of $10. I don't know why they don't put up a sign telling you that this is available.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

on our last visits to the Elegance it was described in the spanish and in the english Brochure/Guide which we received upon check-in and which was also aside the Telephone on the Room.

Mike

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

MikeFisher,

We didn't get a brochure. We got a couple papers- how to use the safe, the room service menu, and a paper to fill out for the butler. When I posted the question, the ME did email me and tell me the cord was available.

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

claylismom, Qustion are you Blond?? just curious!!

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

1sailman,

Not sure why you would ask me that...but NO not blond. I'm a brunette traveling outside of the US for the first time, first time in Punta Cana, etc.

I haven't been here several times like you...so it is all very unfamiliar to me.

Rather offensive question, don't you think?!? lol

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I am at Majestic Elegance....having wi-fi issues! Help!

caylismom I was not trying to be offensive and I do apologise. We were trying to be helpful and it seemed to me you were not paying attention to what we were saying. Again sorry and if you need anything ask. Have a great trip.