We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deals??

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Deals??

Where is everybody finding the best deals on resorts??

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deals??

Try Cheapcaribbean.com

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deals??

Hey Bob, answer Ron075 regarding Quietest Part of the Hardrock :)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deals??

I tried with an agent, various online sites, and with AAA travel services. For us, Expedia ended up being the cheapest for the identical packages, but check out all the usual sites to find the best deal.... might not be Expedia for you.

The agent said that the prices the online guys get, when you book a package (flight hotel), can rarely be matched by agents, as the HUGE the online guys get special contract pricing.

I've heard of people getting great deals when they book seperately/directly with the hotel and airlines too.

Good luck

Edited: 3:23 pm, November 01, 2012
Kansas, USA
Level Contributor
331 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deals??

Expedia

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,867 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deals??

Kayak searches most of the sites and will give you the best price. If you want a good deal you have to search constantly. Sometimes deals are there for just a few hours. I have also found good hotel rates and called the hotel and they beat the price I was offered. I know that Zoetry was on sale this summer for a ridiculously low price from hotel.com, I think, and other sites were almost double the price but it was only there a short time. Takes time to save money. I have never had a TA willing to match prices that I have found aside from air travel.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
196 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deals??

We have booked 3 vacations through Resorts Vacations to Go -with great success. Prices are typically lower than the majority of travel sites.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
813 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deals??

JetBlue Vacations

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Deals??

There's no single answer to this as it depends when you are going, where you are going to, and where you are leaving from. If you want the best price, you have to spend a lot of time looking around and comparing prices. You also have to know enough about the prices, historically, to know a good deal when you see it. And if you see a good deal you usually need to be prepared to move quickly as the best ones often don't last long.

9. Re: Deals??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 20, 2013