We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu & Iberstar

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Riu & Iberstar

We have been to the Iberostar hotels, if you stop at the Grand you can go into the others and use all their facilities, if you stay in the IB Bavaro you cannot use the Grand but can use the other hotels in the complex, if you stop in the IB Punta Cana can you use the IB Bavaro facilities? And is it the same with the Riu Hotels, which is the best one of them and in order down? Please anyone.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu & Iberstar

That should be Iberostar

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu & Iberstar

If you stay at The Palace Bavaro, you can use all RIU'S expect Macao.

We only stayed at The Palace Bavaro - so can only speak concerning it.

Hope that helps.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu & Iberstar

So does that mean the riu Macao is the best one in that complex

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu & Iberstar

If you stay at the Iberostar Punta Cana or Dominica you cannot use the Bavaro facilities.

The rule generally is...if the other resort costs more then your resort you can't use it. :)

Michigan
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu & Iberstar

The riu Macao is much cheaper than Bavaro. Bavaro is actually the only 5 star based on funjet ratings. So I don't understand why it doesn't allow access to all the Macao. Macao guests don't get access to Bavaro either. I'm staying at bavaro in Feb and get access to all but riu Macao......I originally got if included with my booking but they are going adults only. That's when I started seeing guests not be allowed from the other rius.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu & Iberstar

Thanks for that, I really like the iberstar resort but grand is £600 pounds dearer this year a nd we can't book the ib bavaro this year, thompsons don't do it.

Heanor, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu & Iberstar

i've have stayed at the iberostar bavaro 3 times but this year cos thomson/firstchoice dropped the iberostar, we decided on the riu palace bavaro. and loved it. could'nt choose between them. has for use of the other other riu's in complex we could'nt use the macao, not sure why but to be honest it was no big deal. we were told by the thomson rep that we could have drinks and eat breakfast at the other riu's (except macao) but meals in the evening had to be taken at the hotel you were actually staying in. but we found the riu palace bavaro excellent was'nt that fussed at visiting the others. i really loved the iberostar bavaro but if it got reinstated with thomson don't think i could choose between the two.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu & Iberstar

Thanks for that review, its what i wanted to hear, but now there is nothing left for the Dom Rep all for the 10th Dec seems to be sold out, back to the drawing board.

9. Re: Riu & Iberstar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 19, 2013