We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USA to Punta Cana with Copa Airlines

Titusville, Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
USA to Punta Cana with Copa Airlines

Anyone had use this Airline before we are flying with this Airline in April2013 it was included with our honeymoon packege even with a small layover in Panama the price was great but we don't hear to much about this company so if anyone can tell us a little about it and what to expect, it would be very apreciated.

Thanks and happy traveling.

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
Toronto
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: USA to Punta Cana with Copa Airlines

I flew with them from Toronto to Panama with no problems! Flight was on time and comfortable!

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Panama
Panama
Central America
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: USA to Punta Cana with Copa Airlines

Copa is a great airline, and from Florida, they are often the same price more or less than what I would pay on the likes of American Airlines and Copa gives you.

-2 checked bags free of charge per passenger each way. (If I plan to take 2 suitcases, I factor this in when comparing prices as AA will charge me $40 for the second bag each way)

-A full meal in coach on both your US to Panama flight, and your Panama to Dominican Republic flight (they serve Punta Cana and Santo Domingo airport with multiple flights a day)

-Your connection in Panama both ways is simply a matter of walking from one gate to the next.

-They even offer the option to stopover in Panama for a few days if you want in either direction with no additional airfare! (which is a great deal, as Panama City is a very nice place to visit in and of itself. Very modern and cosmopolitan.

http://www.visitpanama.com/stopover/free/

-Plus they are in Star Alliance now and you can earn frequent flyer miles for United, US Airways, or Air Canada while flying with them.

So despite the fact that going from the US to the Dominican Republic via Panama is taking the long way there, if it's around the same price, I always go for it.

Edited: 3:56 pm, October 26, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Panama
Panama
Central America
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Titusville, Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: USA to Punta Cana with Copa Airlines

Thank you stylez:

Tha is a very good info Eric M.we apreciated the info it give use a peace of mind that it would be just fine and we can worry about other more important things,LOL.

Mexico City, Mexico
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: USA to Punta Cana with Copa Airlines

hello,

i am in punta cana now. some people say leaving here

you have to pay US 20 departure tax. others say there

is no tax. i will be leaving with copa airlines towards

panama. anybody has experience with that?

is there tax or no

gracias a todos

Jackson, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: USA to Punta Cana with Copa Airlines

Everyone pays the tax. Departures from the U.S.A. have the $20 included in the airline ticket.

Re Copa, Great customer service. As Eric said, great airline with 2 bags, food and drinks. Takes a little longer but a great trip.

Mexico City, Mexico
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: USA to Punta Cana with Copa Airlines

RV429,

thank you very much for your reply. many guys do not have an idea they are paying the tax :-)

do you know if copa has it included in the ticket price? or how i can find out? just asking as i just keep some

dominican pesos than to pay that off.

thank you

Jackson, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: USA to Punta Cana with Copa Airlines

It was included in our airfare as we were going back to the U.S.

8. Re: USA to Punta Cana with Copa Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 10, 2014