We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Esmeralda resort

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sunderland
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Topic
Esmeralda resort

Hi just planning to make some restaurant reservations could someone list the a la carte restaurants i can use in the resort is it best to make reservations for 2 weeks or just 1 week and make others when we get there,, my girlfreiend likes seafood and me big steaks maybe you could help with my choices thanks marc...

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Esmeralda resort

Hi,

You can use any al a cartes in the complex.

Esmeralda -

Bella Italia - Italian

Arrecife - Steak

Ambar -

Don Pablo - Gourmet

Portofino - Italian

El Olivo - Mediterranean

Le Gourmet - French

Le Meson

Punta Cana/Bavaro -

Mikado/Maiko - Japanese/Teppenyaki

Garden Grill - Steak

Il Capriccio - Italian

El Pascador - Mediterranean/Fish

Santa Fe - Tex Mex

Olas I Y II - BBQ

Normally you can only pre book your first week, and they will put your second week in holding. Pre booked al a carte reservation slips are given to you in your welcome package. You can check for you other reservations at guest services which is located in the Esmeralda lobby/reception area.

sunderland
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Esmeralda resort

any reccomendations anyone........ is there a seafood night and do i have to book thanks marc

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Esmeralda resort

The Steakhouse at the Esmerelda is very good - right on your Doorstep! :-))

I like El Olivio too. :)

But I think the Buffet is so good you'll spend most of your time in there! We went for 3 weeks last Xmas and only used the A la Carte's 4 times - twice the Steakhouse.

snooks

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Esmeralda resort

Esmeralda guests do not have access to any of the gourmet a la cartes at the Bavaro & Punta Cana resorts - specifically they are the "Cafe de Paris" at the Punta Cana resort and the "La Gourmet" a la carte at the Bavaro resort, nor can they access the main buffets at the Bavaro, Premier or Ambar. And recently, the poolside Arrecife buffet at the Esmeralda has been closed as their evening steakhouse.

With regards to the facilities and a la cartes venues at the Ambar, all guests must be over age 18 there.

There is a Seafood Gala buffet every Thursday night at all the buffet venues resort-wide. Esmeralda guests have been required to make a reservation for that buffet event during this year's past peak seasonal occupancies.

You can submit an advance request for all your dining preferences by emailing them to gerenterrppbpesm@bahia-principe.com. Be sure to send your requests 7-10 days prior to arrival along with your tour operators name and booking number. Reservation slips will be in your documents at check-in, and anytime after that, you can alter or add to them at the seperate guest services desk in the lobby area.

If there are any more recent updates, our fellow destination expert 'Brooklin' will certainly post them here at the forum.

Hope this helps!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,905 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Esmeralda resort

Snooky,

The "Steakhouse" at the Esmeralda is no longer there - it has reverted back to simply being the "Arrecife" snack bar - guests at the Esmeralda are now able to book the "Garden Grill" steakhouse, located at the Punta Cana resort - it has the identical menu to what the "Steakhouse" at the Esmeralda had.

John

Brooklin (Bubba KIng)

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,905 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Esmeralda resort

vasey,

As you know, a la cartes are very subjective to each individual, but I can advise you which ones are the most popular (and also my favourites).

The Bella Italia at the Esmeralda - Italian but also excellent steaks.

The Don Pablo at the Ambar - gourmet - steaks, lobster

The Garden Grill at the Punta Cana resort - steakhouse

The Maiko - Japanese at the Bavaro resort

The Portofino at the Ambar - Italian (open for 2 days then closed for 2 days)

The El Olivio at the Ambar - Mediterranean (open for 2 days then closed for 2 days)

Don't overlook the main buffet - it is very good !!

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Esmeralda resort

Our favorite was the Don Pablo at Ambar. I highly recommend it!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,905 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Esmeralda resort

vasey....

This may also be of assistance to you when prebooking your al acartes in the event you wish to take in one or more of the nightly shows at the "Tropicana Theatre".

Show times are at 9pm and at 10:15pm:

Monday - Michael Jackson (very popular - (be there by 8:30pm for a good seat)

Tuesday - Bahia International at 9:00 pm and Mens Vs Women at 10:15 pm.

Wednesday - Legends twice at 9:00 pm and at 10:15 pm.

Thursday - Circus - twice at 9:00 pm and at 10:15 pm (popular show).

Friday - Stars are Here at 9:00 pm + Grammy´s Show at 10:15 pm.

Saturday - Boggie Show twice at 9:00 pm and at 10:15 pm.

Sunday - AZUKA at 9:00 pm + Mister Bahia Principe at 10:15 pm

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

montreal
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Esmeralda resort

Hi,

I had heard that the construction at the Esmeralda will be completed by November. Is that correct?

Thanks, Shirley

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,905 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Esmeralda resort

MontrealShirley

Welcome to the Punta Cana forums.

The resort has informed me that the major part of the addition to the Esmeralda is still scheduled for completion around the end if November 2012.

They will provide me with any further updates as they are informed and I will post it here in Tripadvisor.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)