We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

Level Contributor
1,040 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

If you go to the Capri reviews, they have received some really good ones in the last month. Talking to the hubby this morning, he seemed to be a bit more turned off with Secrets PC. He even mentioned maybe returning to the Iberostar Bavaro. Anyone have feelings about the Riviera Maya Secrets resorts?

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

I went to Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun last summer right after hurricane emily and my husband and I loved it. It was pure luxury! They have been continuing to get great reviews even thought they are changing management also. I have not been to Capri, but I did a lot of research on it when we were chosing betweein it and SERC. We chose SERC because it was larger with more pools and a great spa and just seemed more luxurious than Capri. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

We were suppose to go to SEPC last year, but switched to SERC at the last minute. I got cold feet after many bad reviews and Malaria warnings. So glad we did switch. SERC is very luxurious as Kellynjohn said. We were there about the same time they were. Very romantic - always something to do, ot just relax. Service and rooms were awesome. Planning a return trup next year.

Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

I have heard good things about Secrets Capri when we stayed at Eldorado Royal.I think they have much more competition with other adult only resorts.I personally think secrets PC being the only adult resort is not to the consumers advantage but to the resort.

pit
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

We choose SC because it was a smaller property, and were NOT dissapointed. I guess it just depends on what you want. At the time SC got better reviews, and was more expensive. But well worth it. Ive been all over, and SC was the most memorable AI to date. Man I just cant say enough, so if you have any ? please ask. Oh the spa was amazing!!! You wont be dissapointed!

West Virginia
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

We stayed at Secrets Capri last November 2004 and loved it. The service and the people were great. The resort itself is marvelous, everything marble and the keep it shining . The pool was one of the best features , with the swim up bar and lots of loungers and floats too ! The only downer we had was at that we had to come home . In May we are trying the Gran Bahia Bavaro out. Alittle leary of the size of the resort but it looks wonderful :-)

MA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

We are going to stay at the Iberostar Bavaro in July with our two children. Is this a good resort for families? Any advice?

Level Contributor
1,040 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

We don't have children. But it seemed to be a family friendly resort. July shouldn't be too busy either.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

FWIW...We were at Secrets PC in January...had a fabulous vacation. I have talked to people that were just at Secrets last week. Based on their first-hand experiences, I have booked Secrets PC for November 3rd - 13th. I would not have booked the same resort again if I felt it had fallen short in terms of service, food, accommodations, etc.

199 MORE SLEEPS...CAN'T WAIT!

Brenda :~)

Level Contributor
1,040 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

We're staying with Secrets, so 25 more sleeps!!!

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thinking of moving to Secrets Capri or somewhere else

Hey Brenda,

Keep the countdown going for me. I have three less than you. HA HA See you there.

MIke