We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

worried about the weather

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lodz, Poland
4 posts
Save Topic
worried about the weather

hello,

i'm going 15th April to Riu's Taino on Punta Cana and i'm a bit worried because all weather sites say it's gonna rain for 10 days or so :( and what is worse almost NO SUN just OVERCAST or CLOUDY

change of climate or what?!?!?

anyone knows what is really like with the weather and forecasts and maybe calm me down?

or maybe i panic too much?

Regards

martin_ezz

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: worried about the weather

Can someone slap me...am I having a bad nightmare again! The weather for Punta Cana is, if there is clouds in the sky...it will be cloudy! Could get rain...perhaps a sprinkle...but if the sun is out..it will be sunny! The ocean will be wet also...just go and have a nice time.

Lodz, Poland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: worried about the weather

=> Futzy

maybe it's funny for you but i'm gonna travel half of the world from Poland to DR with my 21 months daughter so i can be a bit nervous, don't you think?????

MISSISSAUGA , CANADA
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: worried about the weather

Martin!

Believe me it's not funny. I am going on the 19 th to the Bahia principe. It's actualy next door to your resort. I am going for my wedding with a group of 40 people and my 1 year old daughter. I AM TOTALY freaking out.

I know that we can't control the weather but come on. This is terrible. One thing I do know is that I have been tracking the weather and it's changing all the time. I was looking at the 15 day forecast and around the 20th of April it was suppose to rain for couple days, I check like 10 minutes later and it's different. And I must say it is changing for the better. Lets hope it stays that way.

Well I hope that you bring lot's of sun from Poland and leave some for me. I actually have a freind who is coming from Poland to Canada and then coming with us for our wedding.

I hope you have a sunny one.

Kasia

Lodz, Poland
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: worried about the weather

Kasia, unfortunately it's raining here in Poland so i cannot take sun with me :)

But you're right that forecasts are still changing.i go to PC for two weeks so i hope i catch a bit sun and beautiful weather, at last it's Carrabean!!!

have a beautiful sunny wedding!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
233 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: worried about the weather

Hi All,

If it helps, I've traveled to various places in the Carribean many times. The weather websites seem to almost always say "rain" or "clouds" in the daily forcasts when you check them. However, I usually find they are completely incorrect. It's usually sunny the entire time or a case of 1-2 days of partly sunny (but if you are like me, you'll will still tan b/c of the heat) or a few 15-30 min showers here and there on a couple of the days you are there. Nothing major or trip ruining.

The good news about going this time of year is it that it isn't rainy or hurricane season for most of these places so it will be sunny to partly sunny more than likely. Enjoy and bueno suerte! :) We go the first 2 weeks in May so I feel your concern. :)

K-

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: worried about the weather

Guys ...calm down, Kasia I replied to you that you should check the Live at Secrets threads cause there are people posting from Punta Cana RIGHT NOW! Ask them...but the only point I was making you have no control over the weather. One day it's sunny, one day it may not be. Unless your leaving very soon no one can really tell you what the weather is. For heavens sake we've been having weather here in the 60'S & 70's lately but Saturday it hailed and had some snow. Understand? Have a nice time and make the best of it. Some people are'nt so lucky and can't afford a vacation. PEACE OUT Futzy

Quito
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: worried about the weather

hey martin ezz, I know how u feel because I’m going to PC this Friday. I’m worried about the weather also but I found this post and it calmed me down a little:

“We just got back from Bavaro Princess (April 1-8). It poured heavy rain the first day we got there and the locals said it rained for a few days straight. After that first day, though, it was sunny and nice with occasional quick showers at night. Their local forecast was showers, but it never rained during the day. I suppose that means that it could go either way, but it seems like the general forecast is short periods of showers - not enough to dampen a good vacation”

I hope this calm u down too…. See u there

London, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: worried about the weather

hey there.

we returned from PC in the early ghours of this morning and im glad to say there is NOHING to worry about! :)

we had exactly the same forecasts as u so we were pretty concerned before we went (just look at my previous posts) but the weather is perfect right now.

sure, being in a tropical climate, it may rain for like 5 minutes or at night when you're there but as soon as it stops, everyone just starts up again. it hardly rained at all in the week we were there and there was no need to worry in the first place!

hope thats helps and have an amazing holiday!

PS the forecasts are ALWAYS wrong!!!!

MISSISSAUGA , CANADA
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: worried about the weather

Thank's for drying up the tears and bringing out a smile. I can honestly say I feel much better.

THANKS EVERYONE

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: worried about the weather

All this and not one Polish joke?