We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Question

Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Question

Has anyone ever stayed in the Premier Section at the Gran Bahia in PC? Is there any swamps near that area? How far is it from the beach? Is there anything we should know about this adults only section?

Please help!

Toronto,Ontario
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Question

From what my travel agent told me, its the furthest from the beach....not too sure about any swamps...but its more private and prob better for a big group of a rowdy wedding party!! The trans apparently come by every 5 minutes so I wouldnt get too stressed about it!!

Youre getting married there!! AWWWW...how old are you guys and how long have you been together?

Me and my boyfriend are going down around the same time....were from Toronto too..

Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Question

We have been together for 2 years. We are 26 & 27. Our groups are in their 20's - 30's and all different ages! We are looking forward to a great trip...as long as we get there that is all that matters!! Thanks for letting us know. When are you guys leaving...we are leaving on Sunday and we are there till the 23rd?

Hope to see you there...looking forward to it!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Question

Club Premier (18+ years only) is a section farthest away from the beach with it's own pool, bar and restaurant. There is a tram running every few minutes from 7 a.m. - 3 a.m. Club Premier is also the closest to Pueblo Principe where the nightly parties happen.

Here is a map:

www.worldisround.com/photos/7/195/521_o.jpg

The "swamp" is an area of mangroves about one quarter of the way from the beach to the lobby. There is abridge over the mangroves.

Gregg

Toronto,Ontario
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Question

We are leaving on the 7th and there till the 14th....

When is the wedding actually happening?? Ill look for the wedding party....

Is your name Mellisa? Just so i know when i greet you!!

You are going to have the best wedding!!

WOO HOO! hope to meet up with u there too!

Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Question

Yup my name is Melissa...and the wedding is on the 12th...so you should see us there...we are a group of 25..can't miss the crazy canadians....see you there!!!

UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Question

Hi Melissa.

My family and I will be staying at the BP from the 10th to 24th, the resort is large but walkable, although the trams are great.

The "swamps" are an exageration and nothing to fear. You'll have a great time.

I read another of your posts about getting married there, congratulations, I can't think of a nicer place to celebrate in style.

ps. if you need a flower girl, my daughter would be available!!!!!!!!!

Cap-Pele, NB
Level Contributor
151 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia Question

Congrats on your wedding.

You picked a great resort. We were there last April and it was a blast.

Yes - you are farthest from the beach, but there are trams running all day long so it's no big deal.

The food, the beach, the pools... everything is great (5-stars). Hope you enjoy your trip. Wish I could go back this year :(

Waverly, Ohio
Level Contributor
298 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia Question

Melly G my wife & I stayed in the premier section of Grand Bahia. No swamps near there. It is the furthest from the beach but as mentioned in the posts the tram-trolly-bus whatever is always tooling around. Also as mentioned it is adults only, own restaurant, pool bar, lobby bar. It was a very quiet section. Really nice you'll have a blast!!!