We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

Returned on Wednesday.. Loved this place.Staff was great ..food OK, but did you really expect it to taste American? Weather wonderful..price was right. What can I say..Go There !!!

Mountainside, New...
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

Hi Needhlp, so glad to hear you loved this resort. We are going on the 10th for the first time. How was it to get chairs at the beach/pool? Did you see lots of kids and/or the kids club? Anyone get diarrea? did you take the shuttle or a taxi, and how long did it take from the airport?

Mountainside, New...
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

Hi Needhlp, so glad to hear you loved this resort. We are going on the 10th for the first time. How was it to get chairs at the beach/pool? Did you see lots of kids and/or the kids club? Anyone get diarrea? did you take the shuttle or a taxi, and how long did it take from the airport?

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

Hey there! I am counting down the days to my 3rd trip to Caribe Club and I can hardly wait!!

Do they still do the lobby parties?? I saw somehwere on here that they had stopped, and then someone else said they started them again.

milwaukee,wi
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

hi,

glad to here you had a good time. what kind of rooms did you get and how was the view? vip upgrade, did you get it, how much and was it worth it? any tips would greatly help out.

thanks

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

I went with my two daughters age 8&10, they had a blast.There were a fair amt. of kids, but most spoke french as we found most of the guests did. That was not a problem, kids seemed to find a way to communicate.They went to the kids club three times, once they played baseball on the beach, another they painted island pictures, and they also had a show on the big stage by the lobby, that ended up with my husband and I getting our faces painted. It was fun..the kids will never forget this vacation.Lots of activities going on if you care to join in...we did and found those times to be some of the best. The entertainment group(or animation,as they called them) were great..most could speak spanish,french and english,sometimes all in the same sentence.Wrist bands are worn by all..blue -french,gray - english, green - spanish.VIP wore orange. yes, we upgraded to VIP and glad we did..the service was pretty darn good. Beer in frig, did not have to pay $25 for safe in room,dinner at one of the VIP restaurants ( we went with LaCava..excellent) and other things.Went out on the banana boat twice, took a suba lesson, had a massage. It was worth it. Girls had their hair braided which most kids did for $1.00 per braid. Getting a TIKI hut on the beach was a problem...we have the solution..go out on the beach the night before after 9pm and put your towels out. We did this with no problem ..at the beach and pool. Food was OK but we did not expect it to taste American and in most cases it did'nt. Ate at Mexican, Chinese and Italian all were exceptable. Buffet always had something to please everyone. No one in my family had any kind of illness although I met a family from Illinois who had three sick kids, I'm assuming they drank the water. It took about 1/2 hr to get to the resort on a shuttle, the guy drove like a wild man, but it was exciting.Building 34 was the only with beach view.. ask for it if you have VIP, rooms were fine, Did not spend much time there. Brought lots school supplies, etc from dollar store for the maid and left 3-4 everyday and gave her $5.00 the first day.. She took care of us. Leave her a note with what you need. (bring english- spanish dictionary) Bring lots of $1.00 bills for tipping, ALTHOUGH NOT REQUIRED AND THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO EXPECTED IT were at the airport.They were jerks.

#1 Lay back- your on vacation.. it comes and goes quickly enough don't waste energy over the little things

#2 Do activities- even if you think you'll look like a jerk It's fun and you'll meet all kinds of people

#3 Get used topless women with thongs on(men too).I wish I had brought A TWO PIECE BATHING SUIT BECAUSE AT 5'5, 130LBS. i WOULD HAVE LOOKED BETTER THAN MOST. mAKES YOU RELIZE HOW aMERICANS ARE SO-O-O CAUGHT UP IN APPEARNCES. The little old ladies wore thongs. You gotta love them. Not to say there are'nt alot of hot bodies..because there were.

#4 You will love it.

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

Forgot a few things.. Lobby parties are a must, my view was awesome.. room 2311.

Coastal Maine
Level Contributor
177 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

Glad you had a great trip. We will arrive at CCP on April 6 for 8 days. Can't wait..

Do you know the cost of the VIP upgrade if purchased at check-in?

Dave & Diane

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

Glad to hear it was great, i too am heading withjamaicasun, this is our favorite resort, we love everything about it.

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

I paid for our upgrade with the travel agent but heard on this website to wait until you get there and it's less expensive..problem is what if the good rooms with the great view are already taken by VIP's who paid earlier...not alot of beach front rooms. I beleive we paid $175.00 more. not sure because I ask for it up front. PS Bring 45 .30 and 15 sunscreen and work your way down. My whole family has major great tans and No burns.

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Caribe Club princess..Any Questions?

You saound like us...LOL we always laugh that we bring somany strengths of SPF, we call it painting by numbers!!!!