We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the weather like in May???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford, CT
7 posts
Save Topic
What's the weather like in May???

I'm vacationing with my boyfriend at the Iberostar Bavaro from May 1-7 and was wondering what the weather is usually like at that time. I'm getting nervous after reading all these posts about rain! Eek! If any local expert or DR traveler could let me know what to expect, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Level Contributor
1,040 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the weather like in May???

We also stayed at the Bavaro in May. I think it was around May 9th. But before we left the weather reports showed rain all week and I was bummed. However, when we got there, it was cloudy at the airport and by the time we got to the beach, it was sunny and beautiful. And for a forecast of rain all week... we had one day where it rained and was cloudy, so we just played volleyball, no big deal. It also rained pretty hard one night while we were eating dinner. I wouldn't worry to much. I think the weather changes so fast, you'll still get sun but rain might come and go as well. We'll just miss you, we're going May 13th -20th. Enjoy!

London, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the weather like in May???

yep, whatever u do, DONT check the forecasts-it always says rain and then it never does! have a great time!