We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greg and Secrets Bride: Our Lady of Pilar Parish...

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Greg and Secrets Bride: Our Lady of Pilar Parish...

Do you know where this church is? How far from the Paradisus Palma Real? Do you know where I can see a picture of it?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Paradisus Palma Real...
11,989 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greg and Secrets Bride: Our Lady of Pilar Parish...

Sorry, I do not know were this is.

If you have a little more information I can find out for you as I am going to the DR on Sunday and I would be happy to find out were this is.

Terry aka SB

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Greg and Secrets Bride: Our Lady of Pilar Parish...

AtlantaKat,

I too don't know where this is but I may have a few helpful hints.

Our Lady of Pilar in Spanish is Nuestra Senora de Pilar (I doubt that the church has an English name) and Beron is probably Veron since the Vs are pronounced like Bs. Veron is a crossroads town where the Burger King is located, if my memory serves and is nut too far from your resort, relatively speaking.

Good luck.

Gregg

Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Greg and Secrets Bride: Our Lady of Pilar Parish...

Greg and Secrets Bride: Thank you for your replies. I am getting married in Punta Cana on 6/24 and up until yesterday we thought we were getting married at the Basilica de Nuestra de la Altagracia in Higuey, as that was what was on all the paperwork we had received from the priest, Father Jean Lacaille. Yesterday, though, we received something from him that said the parish we will be getting married in is Our Lady of Pilar Parish, Beron-Punta Cana, Higuey (Father Toro is the priest here, but apparently he isn't conducting the ceremony). We're very confused and just trying to get some clarification (and see the church we're actually getting married in since it's not the one we thought) before our wedding. Unfortunately, that is all the information I have at this point. I am waiting to hear back from Father Jean. Thanks for any and all help. I appreciate it.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
La Altagracia Province
La Altagracia Province
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Greg and Secrets Bride: Our Lady of Pilar Parish...

Now I've learned that the church is actually Our Lady of Punta Cana, and the other name I referred to is the name of its chapel. I think I found a picture of it online. Hopefully it's the right one! The priest also said it is about 15 km from the Paradisus Palma Real, where we are staying.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort
Paradisus Palma Real...
11,989 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greg and Secrets Bride: Our Lady of Pilar Parish...

Great ,I am glad you were able to find something.

Terry