We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RAIN in Punta Cana

Toronto
14 posts
Save Topic
RAIN in Punta Cana

Has anyone noticed that all the weather sites say that is is raining and going to continue to rain! Going April 1 and concerned about the rain!!!

Maybe they just say rain even if it is for only 10 mins?

Des Moines, Ia
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RAIN in Punta Cana

I am going April 3-8 and was very concerned about the rain too! I asked last night on this site and no one replied that had been there recently. I am thinking it is probably one of those places that rains a little every day, but I really want it to be sunny too!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RAIN in Punta Cana

Jaime, we're going the exact same dates as you are. I'm finding pretty much the same information you are regarding the weather. I'm just hoping for the best!

Lockport, NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RAIN in Punta Cana

I have noticed too!!! Need some fun in the SUN...Can the local experts help us out here, please??? Leaving April 20th....

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
205 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RAIN in Punta Cana

I am leaving April 1st but have not been watching the weather. My girlfriend called today to say ... argh! All the weather sites show rain, I told her not to worry it always shows rain ... but NOW .. after all of you are concerned ... I am too ... please, lets all do the sun dance!!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: RAIN in Punta Cana

All you travel worriers should be fine..... I went to PC last June and they called for rain everyday for 14 days. It rained now and again but nothing that ruined my trip. Of the 7 days I was there it rained 5 but either at night when I was sleeping or for a few minutes during the day. When it did I went for lunch and by the time I finished the beach was sunny again........good luck to you all and I hope the sun shines every day!!!! All 3 visits to PC I have seen the rain reports. One week they called for rain for 3 days in a row and I only saw 10minutes worth.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RAIN in Punta Cana

Hello,

Just got back, LOVED IT !! Stayed at Ocean Blue. It was unbelievable !!! The Resort, Pools, Beach, Service, Entertainment by the pool, food was GREAT, but different( had no problem finding lots to eat) Rooms were huge and everything was spootless !!

WEATHER, it said Rain everyday, like your forcast and it did rain everyday! Lots of the time, or was overcast! We got maybe 1 or 2 hours on 2 days, of broken clouds where you can get a tan, so take advantage of it!!We still got color, it doesn't take long !!it was usually in the early morning, when it was the nicest, by noon RAIN or heavy clouds . Everything keeps going... people stay out , it is still ALOT of fun. If it rains heavy, sit in the Main Lobby and have a drink it is gorgoeus. Go to the beach ! It doesnt stop !! Fun Fun

Unbrellas in the rooms. Look into excersions !! Any Questions ? Have fun!!

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RAIN in Punta Cana

I was there March17th -24th.. weather said rain/clouds every day.. It was beautiful there... sunny and no rain! So my advise is don't check the weather.. I think they say that all the time! Take your sunblock, you'll need it!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: RAIN in Punta Cana

Just got back last night (March 29). The first 3 days (March 22-24) were sunny and hot. The next 4 days (March 24-28) were cloudy with scattered showers and periods of rain (think down pour!). Yesterday morning (March 30) was cloudy and windy (we left at noon, so I am not sure what happened after that). While the weather was not as we had hoped, we still had a fantastic time (and did not get sun burned). After 4 or 5 days of not so great weather, hopefully the sun will be back when you get there. Have a great time, we did.

canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: RAIN in Punta Cana

paintball--great to see that you had an awesome time, I know you were worried before you left!

If it rains, it's usually for 10-15 minutes, then its sunny again. Blows in and out pretty quickly on the whole.

I agree---take advantage of the clouds--GREAT for tanning. The sun is soooo strong, you need to be sure to wear sunscreen all of the time--you will still get color even if you can't see the sun.

It is awesome.

Wish I was there right now!

Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: RAIN in Punta Cana

Roband

try this site

…wunderground.com/history/…

It gives you the history for a few years back on the same dates that you go. Also gives you the up to date forcast for PC. Hope this helps you out.