We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigars!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seabrook, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Cigars!

Hi all...any pointers on where to go to find good, fairly priced cigars while staying in Punta Cana? I was there a bunch of years ago and took an excursion to La Romana and a small tabacaleria where the cigars were terrific. Thanks, jose50

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigars!

Hi Jose50,

We had great success and fun at the CIGAR GALLERY, Bavaro Shopping Center. It is owned by a young French woman (whom the two husbands in our foursome found very attractive ; ) ) and she was extremely knowledgeable. Free cigars upon arrival as a sample and then two cigar rollers on site and full explanation as to leaves, rolling, quality etc. Very informative. Would highly recommend this small place. It is straight across from the Bavaro Princess hotel at the shopping center. ENJOY!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigars!

That's "Plaza Bavaro" Shopping Center...

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigars!

I got mine in the bavaro plaza also. The shop only sold cigars. Be prepared to barter. I paid one third the asking price. You can get them on the beach cheap but you have to watch out for fakes