We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand Occupancy

El Segundo...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand Occupancy

Does anyone know what is going on at the Iberostar Grand the week of April 20 - 27? I'm booked there last year, and I'm now trying to get a room for my daughter, and every site, indicates that they are sold out. Any insight?

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
11,108 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Kanab, Utah
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand Occupancy

No insight but we also tried to book this resort for around the same time frame to no avail. I even tried booking through their website. We booked the Iberostar Grand Paraiso, MX. I love the Paraiso but wanted to get back to Punta Cana as I have not been to this Iberostar Grand. I'm fine with it though as I don't want to go with a high occupancy rate and risk the chance of being bumped.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
11,108 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand Occupancy

Hi,

It is very possible they are. They are getting very popular for company outings and incentive trips.

Large groups ‘take over’ the place for a few days so even in less busy times the hotel can suddenly be fully booked.

It’s a shame because it is such a nice place.

Amy

Baltimore
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand Occupancy

We are booked for the following week.

April 28 - May 5

They had a huge event when we were in Jamaica a couple of years ago, they had most of the hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
384 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand Occupancy

I think I need to find a new job or new company for that matter, if there are company meetings and incentives trips to the grand! That sounds amazing.

Thank you again Amy for all your good advise and info hope your hand is recovering well

To the OP I hope you are able to get a room because this place sounds really awesome

5. Re: Iberostar Grand Occupancy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:42 am, June 20, 2013