We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Punta Cana

Dexter, MO
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time to Punta Cana

We are thinking of trying Punta Cana this year. We usually go to the Riviera Maya. It is myself, my husband and our 2yo. So we are looking for some place kid friendly with a kids pool. We are looking at Dream PB, Dreams PC, Iberostar Bavaro and Barcelo Palace. Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Thanks

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Punta Cana

out of your list don't take the Dreams Punta cana,

as it is not locate not even near Punta Cana, but over 1 hr Busride North.

after a long journey including the flight you do not want to spend such long time on a Bus before finally arriving, Kiddies do not like that very much.

Happy Travels

Mike

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Punta Cana

We have been to Dreams Punt Cana3 times but never traveled there with kids.

As Mike said it is a long bus ride after a long trip.

The beach is huge but a little on the rough side for a 2 year old. It can have some strong currents and steep drop offs near the reef.

You might want to look into Dreams Palm Beach or the Iberostar. Here is a link for you to view.

www.dreamsresorts.com/drepb/webcam.html

Have not been yet but on my list

winnipeg
Level Contributor
498 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Punta Cana

Being to the Iberostar Bavaro 7-8 times

no kids, but seems very good for young

kids the ocean is good most of the time

and a kids pool, kids club and, kidshows

at night . Cheers

Bangor, Maine
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Punta Cana

Let me just say...you've made the right choice going to Punta Cana over the Maya Riveria:) In my opinion....you can't go wrong. If you love the Maya...you will like and love and love and love Punta Cana!!

5. Re: First time to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 am, June 20, 2013