We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue ?Ocean sands Questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Blue ?Ocean sands Questions

Looking to go to Ocean Blue/Sands June 26 - July 3. Family of 5 (45,46,17,13,8). Couldn't decided between OB and Casa Del Mar, but I think the construction at CDM is too much of a risk. Want the kids to try snorkeling and para-sailing. Realize that snorkeling means excursions from OB, can anyone tell me the price and their experiences with snorkeling excursions from OB. Heard from another post the Caribbean Festival was good. Are the excursions all day (due the need to be bussed to La Romana or somewhere) or are there good 1/2 day snorkel excursions? With the $$ saved by going to OB I can probably budget in 2-3 excursions but don't want to be "off site" or need to get everyone up early for 3 days. Looking at one snorkel excursion, the Outback Safari (opinions please) and maybe one more snorkel. Am I nuts???

wasaga beach
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Blue ?Ocean sands Questions

dshultz ,

I just came back from Ocean Blue this past sunday , however I did not snorkel . There was some done on the reef out front of the resort that i was told was arranged at the aquatic center on site . No idea of the cost .

There are 3 half day excursions offered that involve snorkeling :

Aquatic Tours , Catamaran Reef, & Kontiki all in the $60 to $70 range . These can be booked through your tour rep. on site .

Have fun , its a nice place .

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Blue ?Ocean sands Questions

Another Jersey person...stayed at OB in January. Did not snorkel...but had a great time at the resort. Husband golfed, did horseback riding. Enjoy your trip.

Port Hope, Ontario
Level Contributor
75 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Blue ?Ocean sands Questions

dshultz:

We are headed to the Ocean blue in 16 more sleeps. We love to snorkel too and I have read a few posts that say that the snorkeling from the Beach at the LTI Resort is quite good. This resort is next to the Ocean Blue so I am hoping to do some snorkeling from the beach there, hope it is not too far - thought I would pass that along.

Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Blue ?Ocean sands Questions

yes the OB is next to LTI and I believe you can snorkel there. Beach is the nicest along the strip.

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Blue ?Ocean sands Questions

Just look out for the boats by Ocean Blue. Sometimes a lot of boat traffic.