We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

Just returned from our week/wedding vacation at Ocean Blue & Sand. We had a great time and everything was great if you have any questions in regards to the resort or the wedding feel free to ask.

46 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

Your resort was next to the Iberostars, right? If so, how are the beach conditions currently on this stretch? Thanks :)

ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

yes the Ocean Blue & Sand is next to the Iberostar just pass the vendors about a 10 minute walk depending on which Iberostar you are going to. The beach is amazing, this was our second visit to this resort. In regards to conditions white sand, minimal if any seaweed and beautiful warm water. Couldn't ask for much better.

Halifax
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

hi,

We are getting married at ocean blue in April. Can you tell me more about you wedding experience there? Did you use their photographer? If so, how were your pics? Did you meet with the wedding coordinator just the once after you arrived and were happy with the way they handled everything? Id love to hear more of your wedding story :)

Halifax
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

hi,

We are getting married at ocean blue in April. Can you tell me more about you wedding experience there? Did you use their photographer? If so, how were your pics? Did you meet with the wedding coordinator just the once after you arrived and were happy with the way they handled everything? Id love to hear more of your wedding story :)

Little Valley, New...
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

what day are you getting married? we will be there 4/24-5/1. you picked a beautiful resort for your special. Congratulations !!! Enjoy yourselves.

Halifax
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

We are there April 14-21 with the wedding on the 19th. Did u guys get married on the beach or gazebo? Can u tell me some more of your experience? I'm a little nervous about how it will all go.I'll have to email them.I'm not sure what else I plan with them pre-trip other than how many going,book photographer,flowers and make salon appointments.Thanks for the congrats!

ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

Hi Susan, Sorry for the delay just got back from our honeymoon in Cuba. The whole wedding experience was great and stress free. All I had to do was contact the hotel and give them the date I requested for the wedding. They then checked to see availablility and sent me package choices. Once wwe chjose the package we wanted we put down a deposit and it was booked. From there all we had to do was wait for the date to arrive. We met the coordinator the second day after our arrival to the resort and spoke for about a hour about colors, food choices and other odds and ends. We did not use there photographer as we had teo friends who both were into photography so they did our pictures. We had our wedding on the beach the package we chose had hordeurvs right on the beach with a full bar and a trio band for one hour after the ceremony. They then cloised the beach restuarant for 4 hours for our reception, totally private it was great. They made a beautiful and very tasty cake and it was more then big enough for our group of 25. The coordinator makes it real easy and stress free for you, I wouldnt worry at all she is a obvious pro. Sorry if I am rambling just got back after travelling for 30 hours. If you have any more specific questions feel free to pm me.

ontario
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

@beantownbabe, yes we were about 3 resorts over from the Iberostar resorts about a 10 minute walk past the vendors. The stretch of beach is beautiful white sand weather was great for us just a tad bit on the windy side at the time of our ceremony. A great place to get married I would definately recommend this resort as they made it very easy and stress free.

Saint Lazare, Quebec
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

Hey There,

My daughter just booked for March 2013 wedding at Ocean Blue. She will have anywhere between 30-45 people. Can you gve us an idea about approx cost. We want a private reception f possible\9dont ant to eat at an a la carte with all others) a private dinner would be great and if they have a DJ etc.how many days in advance would be preferable to be there and is there any tips or advice you could give us or that you would have maybe done different or for us not to forget. We still have lots of time but we are trying to get as much done ahead as we canand any help you can give, tips or advice about the report would be appreciated...

Windsor Ontario
Level Contributor
761 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?

I am interested in any info you can give. Our son just told us he wants a destination wedding and I have no idea where to start.

Reply to: Back from our Wedding at Ocean Blue & Sand, Questions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted