We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
195 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break Punta Cana

I went to Punta Cana for spring break 2011 and would highly recommend it, I have been to cancun before that I can say you will be right on par as Cancun with a few less clubs. Don't listen to the reviews about how Punta Cana isn't a spring break spot it is up and coming and definitely a great time.

Edited: 11:32 pm, January 25, 2012
La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break Punta Cana

Where did you stay in Punta Cana?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break Punta Cana

I would also like to know where you stayed as from what I hear, there are plenty of resorts being promoted in Punta Cana for spring break and there a lot of people who want to know so they can go there/or avoid it!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break Punta Cana

the OP is In My Opinion absolutely right on His/Her comparison.

Punta Cana offers less Clubs, but offers still plenty of Clubs for a Club Hopping Week, You can't visit 20 or 30 different Clubs to get drunk there in a short Weeks stay.

PC offers the big Resorts with their Large Pools where the Daytime Parties run all Day long and the last years there is quiet a good number of PC Resorts promoted as Springbreak Destinations and they get their Crowd for that, including the Hige Hard Rock Punta Cana with it's numerous Pools for all the different Action.

my own Party Times are gone since a couple of Decades, but with my knowledge of PC Today's I would hav eprefered it over the back in the Day for Us Europeans so famous Mallorca/Ibiza etc and def would have prefered it over Mexico.

Happy Travels

Mike

Calgary
Level Contributor
355 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break Punta Cana

technically when is spring break ?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Break Punta Cana

"Spring Break" throughout the Caribbean typically runs from mid-February thru the week following Easter Sunday.

Hope this helps!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Break Punta Cana

I'm sure it's good for PC but it just makes me sad to think it may go the way of the "strip" in Cancun.... :-(

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring Break Punta Cana

OBX,

such is not a real problem,

Punta Cana offers since long all different Kind of Resorts/Atmospheres,

some are the more lifely ones for the Guests who wanna Party all Day and Night long, while others offer the more layed back/relaxed Atmosphere for Guests who seek for such on Vacation.

there is a suitable Resort/Location for every Taste available in Punta Cana.

as Travelpro stated above, "Springbreake" is a quiet long lasting Time Period, as Canadians, US Americans and the many different Central and South American Countries use quiet different Dates/Weeks for their Springbreaks.

Mike

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring Break Punta Cana

In my opinion, Punta Cana covers a large area. There's a price point and an atmosphere to suit everyone's tastes.

Knoxville TN
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spring Break Punta Cana

ugh. as long as it doesn't get too mainstream.

Long term effect of becoming a spring break destination is the buildup of cheap resorts and high-end resorts becoming more expensive to up their exclusivity. It tends to cheapen the image of a place. (i.e cancun, certain Texas and Florida beaches)

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spring Break Punta Cana

I guess that was my point james. I don't want to lose the feeling I get when I step off that plane!