We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair Braids

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Hair Braids

Going to be at the Occidental Allegra in April and wondering how much I should agree to pay to have my little girls hair braided?? How much is too much and where do you suggest I get this done?? In a shop on the resort (if they have one) or on the beach? Which is cheaper?

Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Hair Braids

Mytwogirls got their hair braided , and had no problems. They each chose the method where they braid about half way, and leave the back loose. it lasted about two weeks when we got home. It was about 50$ for two. They braiding girls usually have a photo album to choose a style from. It was a fun experience.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hair Braids

Just a tip I got from the lady who braided my hair; when you wash it don't rub the shampoo into the braids. Instead mix the shampoo and water together into a cup. Dump it over your hair and shower it out as usual. Don't use any conditioner in your hair the day you get it braided or thereafter. Use LOTS of conditioner when you take them out.

It took me 3 hours to take mine out; that was the tough part!

Ontario
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hair Braids

HI , we stayed at Grand Paradise Bavaro and Lydia on the beach did my daughters hair too. She was very sweet. At the resort they were charging a dollar a braid, Lydia charged us 40 dollars for the whole head . and I gave her a few dollars extra for a tip. Another person was charged 35. and someone else that had extentions was charged 75 dollars. It took two hours. I thougth 40 was very reasonable, they work hard and they only get half of that amount,. Lydia said the other half goes to a woman she works for(who knows if this is true). She even asked if I would come back to give her clothing for her children and food and water. I did not have spare clothing, but came back with food and water and a pile of loot bags that I made for children. The other thing I did to avoid scalp burning, we waited until the last day of our trip before getting it done, and it lasts longer that way.