We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at the Ambar

Thunder Bay...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rooms at the Ambar

We are two couples going to the Ambar. We are hoping to get rooms close together and are hoping that each room only has one bed. Does anyone know if there are rooms beside each other that only have one bed in each room? We have sent a request to be on either 2nd or 3rd floor of 60, 64, 67. Also, do they have adjoining rooms?

Mississauga
Level Contributor
816 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at the Ambar

You can request a room with a King bed and adjoining rooms. Most of the rooms have King beds. Remember thou ... just a request ... no guantees.

But I like your odds of getting what you request.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,071 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at the Ambar

Brenda H,

Welcome to the Punta Cana forums. It is great to talk with another poster from my home town (Port Arthur) - I guess that might date me eh ??

The only rooms that have one King size bed are the corner rooms - all of the others have two queen size beds (all beds are the 4 poster style).

If you were able to get corner rooms opposite each other, that would work, but that certainly cannot be guaranteed.

The rooms are adjoining - but only along each side - not opposite corner rooms to each other. I hope that makes sense.

The resort asks that room/a la carte requests should be sent no sooner than 7-10 days prior to your arrival - the reason being is that the resort does not receive your booking information from your tour operator until that approximate time.

I hope this does help.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Thunder Bay...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at the Ambar

Thanks for the info.

Yes Brooklin you are dating yourself lol. I live on the other side of town - Fort William and except for winter (as I get older), I still like it.

So, I guess I will resend a request next week and maybe ask for 2 corner rooms but then again, it doesn't really matter as long as I have sun, beach and drinks I will be happy.

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,071 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at the Ambar

Brenda H,

A Fort William lady - they are the best !!

Have a wonderful time in Punta Cana.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,846 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at the Ambar

Send in your request to

asistenteventasbppuj@bahia-principe.com

Albania Batista

strange that Brooklin did not give you her name to request rooms

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at the Ambar

John we had a king bed room 60206, and it wasn't a corner room.

7. Re: Rooms at the Ambar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, October 19, 2014
Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,071 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms at the Ambar

bandBaway/amybern,

Thank you both for the information - it must be me interpreting the information from the resort incorrectly - since all of the corner rooms have one King bed, I interpreted that that was the only location where they did - thank you both for correcting me on this.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

9. Re: Rooms at the Ambar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, October 19, 2014
Sussex, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms at the Ambar

We were in building 61 third floor and had a king with an adjoining room.