We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yogurt?

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yogurt?

A lot of people have commented on the benefits of eating yogurt every day to avoid getting sick in pc. My question is.... is it available at most of the resorts?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Yogurt?

Unless the yogurt is an active culture variety (some call it pro-biotic) it won't help (as I understand it) and most yogurt is not active culture.

It's about filling your gut with the "good" bacteria before going south.

I have taken a pro-biotic supplement before and during and skipped the regimen and I just don't get sick when I travel so I don't bother anymore.

Gregg

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yogurt?

got2beme,

I have just found danactive and started drinking a bottle every day. It is filled with a ton of the live and good stuff. Even has a great website. www.danactive.com that tells all about it.

Hope this helps,

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

nova scotia
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yogurt?

The resort we were at had yogurt and it had bacterial culture in it. You could bring some down as yogurt can go a short time not refrigerated. I would suggest that most resorts have it.

Eastern Shore, MD
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yogurt?

You could also take acidophilis while you're there, same cultures if you don't like yougurt. It's with the vitimans in any store, or look for any pro-biotic, it will contain the same thing. I've heard it's really good. I started out taking it before we went but then I forgot, I'm still alive though! Happy traveling!

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Yogurt?

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions, i really appreciate it. JW