We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming with Dolphins Tour ~ How much $$$$

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming with Dolphins Tour ~ How much $$$$

Hi there,

We are off to Punta Cana this week and wanted to know if anyone knew what was "reasonable" in terms of cost for Swimming with Dolphins tour. Also, how many hours is the tour? I'm not sure if I want to give up one entire day of our short stay. The children are 6 & 9; if that matters.

I heard that there are all sorts of pricing flying around.

Thanking you in advance,

Michele

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,694 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming with Dolphins Tour ~ How much $$$$

The Ocean World tour involves a flight to Puerto Plata, so is pricey (I think we paid close to $300 pp to swim with the dolphins and 'meet' the sea-lions), and takes a full day (I think we left the hotel around 6 or 7am, returning at around 7 or 8 pm).

There are places in PC, but from what I've read, they don't have a good reputation.

One word of caution: I wish I had listened to the people saying 'don't do it'. I wish I hadn't done it. Yeah, it's nice to see them so close, and interact with them, but I hated the enclosures and the fact I was contributing to what is without question a cruel practice, however it's justified or dressed up. I really wish I had waited, and gone somewhere where you can see them in the wild, in their natural habitat; that would have been a much nicer and more magical experience, than seeing them stuck in a tiny pen.

Kenosha WI.
Level Contributor
922 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming with Dolphins Tour ~ How much $$$$

www.dolphinexplorer.com.do/funtastic.html

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147293-d1…

Here's a couple links I can't remember the price I think around $100 for a 4 hour tour WE had a great time

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming with Dolphins Tour ~ How much $$$$

Did de dolphins have a great time too?

Oh they seemed to be okay? Half the inmates of death row seem okay if you just look at them.

Oh sorry, forgot, your holiday right, does not matter what the sacrifice of a great time is.

Please consider your NOT swimming with the dolphins if you think they are great creatures.

You can’t blame yourself for not knowing about how they are treated and captured but you should blame yourself form not eructating yourself after reading from people who tell you you should not do it.

Live, learn, respect and if you love someone, set them free.

Amy

Kenosha WI.
Level Contributor
922 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming with Dolphins Tour ~ How much $$$$

W did the snorkel and swim with the sharks and stingrays with a booze cruise to the natural pool at the end. In the 4 hour tour you get to hold the sharks and rays. Its not bad even my wife held a 6 foot nurse shark in her arms. Tip the mourning tour has less people

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming with Dolphins Tour ~ How much $$$$

Good post Amy

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming with Dolphins Tour ~ How much $$$$

Needabreak: I had always thought I would do this activity with my son one day, until I found out on here cruel it is for the dolphins.

I'd suggest that you read the following and then you can decide if this is something you feel comfortable doing or not:

wspa-international.org/helping/animalfriendl…

London86 - Thanks for coming on here and explaining why you wish you hadn't done this!

7. Re: Swimming with Dolphins Tour ~ How much $$$$

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, March 01, 2013