We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco tours

Byron, Minnesota
Level Contributor
22 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Coco tours

My husband and I are heading to Punta Cana in April. I have been looking for airport transfers and recently found Coco Tours. Has anyone used them? I can't find a whole lot about them. Thanks!

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco tours

I used them for transfers to the Santo Domingo airport to my hotel in Santo Domingo and from that hotel to the Iberostar just before Christmas.

Transfers went well, Driver was nice, van was clean. Arrived on time.

My only SMALL complaint was the RUDE porter they assigned to take us to our van at the airport. He kept dashing off to "talk" with his friends and hlep others load luggage for thier tips.. Accordingly our tip to him was SMALL as he got the "extra" funds for abandoning us.

I would use them again.

gloucester
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco tours

I just booked my transportation again with coco tours, i really enjoy there company they are kind and courteous, i figure i stick with what i no for reliable transportation and i know im not getting ripped off, thanks again to Steve McQueen for your service.

Kenosha WI.
Level Contributor
922 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco tours

I did not care for them we almost missed our plane home because they were late picking us up a the resort we had to stop at other resorts but they must have been late for them to because who ever it was didn't wait and took a cab

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco tours

Used them on our last 4 trips.. Never had a problem.

Even had an 18 hr delay on arriving. One email & they were at the airport to meet us..

Sparky

New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco tours

Used them before, no complains... They were on time. First time when they wanted to pick us up 3,5 hours prior to the flight (and hotel is ONLY 15-20 minutes away from the airport), I argued with them for 2 minutes and they picked me up 2 hours prior to departure, which was what I wanted!

Happy travel!

Inella.

Canada
Level Contributor
514 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco tours

I have a quote from Coco for a shared transfer and private transfer.

For those of you who use Coco, do you book shared or private?

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco tours

Private

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco tours

They want to charge us using PayPal before our arrival in DR. Is that how everyone pays them or can we insist on paying at the airport? And if it's a round trip, can we pay for the return transfer on the day of the pickup, rather than in advance? Please let me know if you were able to negotiate a better prices than the one they first offered. Thank you in advance.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coco tours

coco tours used to be one of the best company to use for transfer in Punta Cana. For some reasons the quality of the service provided is becoming very low.

Some people had great experience with them, however I would never recommend them to anybody. I tried IBK they are good and recently I read some great reviews on tripadvisor about Caribbean Dream I used them and they provided me an excellent service.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coco tours

My problem with IBK was I sent them my request for a quote as my trip was not on their website. Took about a month for them to respond. Not impressive

As for Coco I did pay in advance via Paypal. I felt the pricing was fair so didn't try to negotiate.