We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations on Excursions!!!!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newton...
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Topic
Any recommendations on Excursions!!!!

Going to the MC on March 10-17. Wondering if anyone could recommend any excursions? I was told not to even go off the property, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend something or should I just stay on the property. Some people have said that it's to dangerous to even go off the property. Any suggestions, comments???

Thanks

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations on Excursions!!!!

DrTan,

You might find the Amstar site of intrest, they arrange the Apple Reps and a lot of tours, they are really nice folks:

http://www.amstardominicana.com/

http://tinyurl.com

the link above will take you to an appple excursion sheet with prices. just click on it and it will enlarge so you can read it.

Hope this has helped.

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations on Excursions!!!!

Drtan,

ATV four wheelers go to: www.bavarorunners.com

dune buggys yehaw go to: www.dune-buggy.com

have a great time.

paul&karen

Bavaro, Republique...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations on Excursions!!!!

www.bavarorunners.com

Marie

Newton...
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations on Excursions!!!!

So it's not dangerous to go off the property? Thank you both, I will check out all of the sites. I want to do something. Everytime I go away I try to do at least 1-2 excursions. Have either of you been to MC? I just read a post that someone said there is no swim up bar and there is no snacks/food offered between 3:30 & 6:30, is this true? I'm starting to get nerveous reading all the negative reviews. I'm leaving on Fri. and this my first trip to the DR. I've been to only Sandals.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations on Excursions!!!!

Dear drtan,

There are bad reviews on all hotels in all posts. I do not no about the bar where your going but. You are on vacation. if it rains the whole time youo are there and your room leaks and the food is not piping hot remember. your not home your away and damm if a few litle problems will bring me down. Think of the people in all poor parts of the world. They would take a vacation anywhere and never complain. Bottom line. no matter what happens make the best of it and come away with memorys and a good attitude.

paul&karen

Newton...
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations on Excursions!!!!

Paul&Karen

I'm going with an open mind. It's like going anywhere for the first time, you never know what to expect you just have to have an open mind. I'm looking forward to going. My bf and I are very easy going and relaxed people. We just like to have a good time, eat & drink and just relax.

Thanks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any recommendations on Excursions!!!!

drtan,

Well were sure your gonna have a great time. Just bring all the essentials. sunglasses, suntan oil, cash and romance. On the excursions i no you are gonna be going through some little towns. From what i understand the little kids may run up to you with a few local ground flowers?? When i leave in late june i will be going to the dollar store to buy some candy?? I understand that the little kids (like anywhere else) love to have little presents givin to them. Also the maids?? i heard leaving a box of crayons and a coloring book can do wonders when looking for xtra pillows, water,beer in the room ect. Something to think about. were jealous you will be leaving ion less than four days. have fun

paul&karen

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any recommendations on Excursions!!!!

Another vote for the ATV tour with Bavaro Runners

Also Outback Safari www.outbacksafari.com.do

And Marinarium www.marinarium.com

All wonderful, and absolutely safe!