We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
American Airlines

I was on a return flight from Punta Cana on American Airlines. At takeoff the one stewardess was seated near me, facing a couple.

Anyways, this stewardess (on takeoff) starts yapping about the TWA plane crash (off NY) and 911, I was absolutely appalled that a airline employee would be discussing plane crashes (in a graphic manner) during take off. It was a disgusting display of poor judgement.

Just wanted to share my disgust!

rocky hill, ct
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines

ColdinBoston:

First off GO SOX! okay... i'm a new yorka at heart. grew up their my entire life and I am a Met fan first, yankees 2nd. but then again.... i love the game so i route for the team who deserves it and plays with ALL heart.

The sox deserved to win, it was an awesome game and i so enjoyed the city coming together for such an occassion!

It was awesome.

secondly, i hope you said something to that flight attendant, I certainly would have. I used to be one, and I would NEVER dream of saying something stupid like that.

write a letter to the airlines!!!! tell them which flight and your seat number. they can EASILY get the name of the flight attendant as they must know which jumpseats they are in who was on duty for that flight.

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines

Thx on the sox!

And thanks for the tip, the reason I posted this is b/c it was the last straw on a long day of travel which included 3 bumps, a deplanement and then this . . . .I will definitely write to the airline, it was so inappropriate, I was appalled . . .

I had never flown American before, but had always heard good things about them . . .flight down was good . .took me 12.5 hours to make it home (boston) from PC . .on top of everthing else they also lost out luggage for 2 days LOL.