We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape the beach - do we need adaptors for the outlets?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sunscape the beach - do we need adaptors for the outlets?

Hello fellow travelers.

My sister and I are headed to Sunscape the Beach on March 17, 2006. I will be bringing a medical device that I use for sleeping.Can anyone confirm that the electrical current/plugs are the same as used in Canada/U.S.A?

I went on the Sunscape resorts web page as well as reading a few brochure descriptions and it is not mentioned.

Also - any tips on things to do /things to avoid would be appreciated.

Thank you.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunscape the beach - do we need adaptors for the outlets?

Hey, Ottawa!

My husband to be and myself are going to Sunscape the Beach on March 16th for our honeymoon! Maybe we'll see you there!

Sorry I can't help you about the plugs - I don't think you need them from the other forums that I have been reading.

~Molly

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunscape the beach - do we need adaptors for the outlets?

We just returned last night from a five night stay, you will love it if you want sunshine everyday with temp. low 72 - 85 high.

All outlets are the same USA / Canadian.

There are plenty in the rooms and bathrooms. I charged my camera and i-pod daily - no problems. They supply an iron to plug in as well as an ironing board.

Write me questions and I will try to help. I took several hundred photo's if you need any assurance.

Ohio
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunscape the beach - do we need adaptors for the outlets?

Packerdave: We go to STB on 3/31 and would love to see your pics. My e-mail is cjalwine@comcast.net. Thanks for the info.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunscape the beach - do we need adaptors for the outlets?

Thank you packerDave and thank you Molly.

BTW, Molly - congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

If my sister and I see a particularly blissful couple walking around the resort, we'll know it's you and hubby!

My sister is actually moving back to B.C. (Vancouver) in April. What part of B.C. are you folks from?

British Columbia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunscape the beach - do we need adaptors for the outlets?

Hey, Ottawa!

You're so sweet! Thank you for your congrats! I can't believe our wedding is in 4 days!

We are from Kelowna, BC, about 4 hours east of Vancouver. Maybe we can meet up while we're lounging by the pool! We would love to share a cab ride with someone into town to do some shopping!

~Molly

Ramsey, MN
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunscape the beach - do we need adaptors for the outlets?

packerdave, I would also love pics. MissDee422@aol.com

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunscape the beach - do we need adaptors for the outlets?

Molly - look out for my sister and I .It shouldn't be too difficult to spot us as there won't be too many single gals travelling together.

I am 5'6 with short blond hair, my sister is 5'2 with darker shoulder length hair.(We really don't look much alike - but that's the genetic lottery for you)

We always welcome the opportunity to meet friendly folk!

British Columbia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunscape the beach - do we need adaptors for the outlets?

Hey, Ottawa!

Only 7 days to go! I don't think you could miss me, either. I'm only 4'9", Japanese/Canadian with a caucasion husband to be of 6'!

We both in our 30's and looking forward to meeting you! Are you leaving from Toronto? We leave via Air Canada at 6:30 am.

See you soon!

~Sue (aka - Molly)