We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private catamaran sailing

Louisiana
Level Contributor
83 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Private catamaran sailing

Hi all,

I was curious if there was someone chartering catamarans for fishing snorkling and maybe picnic lunch for the day. Would like to do a day charter to see if my family would be able to handle it for a week in the virgin islands. Seems like this would be an awesome vacation.

Higuey, Dominican...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Private catamaran sailing

At Tripadvisor tour section you can find information about catamaran tour.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147293-Activiti…

Happy tour!

Miles

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private catamaran sailing

virgin islasnds? what do you mean? bvi? u.s. virgin islands?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private catamaran sailing

doesn't matter within which one of the 2 Virgins Islands Island Group they plan to Sail with the Family/Friends.

they come to Punta Cana now and ask for Catamaran Charters to find out if the Family/Friends can stand/feel Comfy on the Water BEFORE they plan and Book a Sailing week in the NE of the Antilles.

in Punta Cana there are not much choices available for a Full day offshore on a catamaran with a good sized Group, as the very most Catamrans here are not real Sailors(Yes, I know they have a Sail and can drift with it along the Reefline when the wind is right, lol) but Tourboats in the Form of a Sail-Catamaran, usually running on Engine Powers along the Beaches and along the Reefline as Partyboats.

how many Persons will You be in Your Family for a full Day out on open Sea?

Mike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private catamaran sailing

ok mr. Mike, I understood what they are asking for, but it could be too expensive and maybe dangerous, even if they get someone REALLY professional and experienced to do it in Punta Cana. I think is better to get a catamaran from Puerto Rico

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Private catamaran sailing

now that's what I would name total BS~!.

for what reason a Catamaran from Puerto Rico(mostly anyways run by Dominican Crews) should be better or SAFER to rent???

wouldn't it also add a very lot to the Rental Rate If a Crew would firstly need to bring a Catamaran from Puerto Rico over here for justb a one day of a Cat Charter???

don't you think a Cat or any other vessel from Puerto Rico would need firstly a Permission to safely Operate/take Paying Customers from the DR for an Day???

doesn;t sound as if you would have any knowledge about such thingies here on the Island, even that You show in Your Profile that You Live Here in Punta Cana. I hope other thingies You recommend or Do are properly insured and legalized and not the same way run as the Sailings you are commenting on.

Have Fun

Mike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private catamaran sailing

"Have fun?" are you sincer? sorry mr Mike. don't you think people that I recommend in Punta Cana are not legalized and insured.I think All Dominican people that I recommend have license and insurance. what your problem? are you afraid of nice, professional and honest dominican people? I am not an expert like you. I just thought that they can get a better price and short and safe trip from north of Puerto Rico (San Juan), for example.If not, I am sorry mr.! do your work and be happy! Anyway, you are talking about things out of the topic and I won't response anymore

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Private catamaran sailing

a better Price from Northern Puerto Rico???

do you know how far of a Travel it is just to bring a Catamaran from Northern Puerto Rico over Here for a one Day Sail Rental?

of course I know how nice and hard working Dominican People are,

hence I use on my Boats ONLY Dominican Crews, and my Captains are the YPOUNGEST since 10 Years working with Me.

I am proud that I never had to Lay Off any Employee in my Life,

that's exactly why I only recruit Dominican Vrew Members, even that the Company receives requests for work from Foreign Crew Members in numbers on monthly bases.

sounds completely as if You are talking about things You have Zero Clue about.

enjoy El Cortecito's Lifestyle

which btw is not even Close to anything typical Dominican.

Mike

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private catamaran sailing

It was a complete misunderstanding!!!!!!!!! I wanted to say that they can try to get a catamaran day trip from northern Puerto Rico to Virgin Islands. I thought it was better to have a better idea of how is a trip on open sea. It was just a suggestion. Maybe I was wrong, but we must be friendly anyway. that's all.

9. Re: Private catamaran sailing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, October 22, 2012