We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bavaro Princess

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklawn,N.J.
6 posts
Save Topic
Bavaro Princess

Has anyone return from the Princess?Any suggestions for restaurants and side trips.Any good fishing or snorkeling?

huntersville, NC
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bavaro Princess

Hi! We are leaving Tuesday for a week - when do you go? (Feb 1-7). We are celebrating our 10-yr anniversary - no kids - yay!

green bay wi
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bavaro Princess

my husband and I just got back friday- breakfast in our opinon was the best meal- you can eat at the hispanola(main buffet) or Chopin is also open- same food as the other- but if you are going after 9 am you should go to the main buffet because most of the food at chopin was cold if it sat to long- there is not as much of a food turn over rate as the large buffet- if you are vip- you get free room service and if you try to pronounce the spanish off the menu- it was always a correct order and quite good- my husband and I would sometimes sleep till 10:00 and then order room service for breakfast and eat out on our patio- bella pasta had the best lunch- and make all of your dinner reservations right away for the whole week because we did ours all except the last night because we wanted to check them all out then pick where we wanted to eat our last night - but 3 days after we got there I wanted to make reservations for bella pasta for our last night( 3 days away) and all they had left was 10:00 for the seafood - which we did not like- we did one snorkeling excursion- the James Bond aquatic tour- where you drive your own boat- we had a great time and the snorkeling was great- it was my 1st time snorkeling so I don't have much to compare it to- but we loved it- we also visited manati park- we were going to stay away because of the mixed reviews I read- then I talked to someone at our resort who went and loved it so we went on a cloudy day and I would not recomend this place- do not waste your time- all they want is your money-the animal's care is mediocore-

The beach always had more than enough room - chairs- and shaded huts- this resort is huge but we liked that-

If you like hot tubs- they do not have on by the pool- but there are two in the spa- you can just walk in and go to the left- and they are right there- we did not find out about this till our last day here-

any other specific questions just ask

Toledo, OH
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Bavaro Princess

Does anyone have any information about whale watching excursions from Punta Cana?

OHIO
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bavaro Princess

Cindivan are you guys signed up for VIP? We are not yet, but are considering it. We leave March 25. We are just trying to decide if it is worth it or not. I've heard both and can't decide. Could you post when you get back. Please

huntersville, NC
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bavaro Princess

roseberry -we are signed up for vip - it was not that much extra..... decided it was worth it for the alacarte dinners and being closer to the "action" - will let you know if we were right....

Off to finish packing - yay - I am so ready for a break!!!!

OHIO
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bavaro Princess

Cindivan, Enjoy your vacation and drink a few for me. I was told $180per person for VIP through the resort. Apple wanted much more.

grand Rapids, Mi
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bavaro Princess

our VIP was $50 per person and we thought it was worth just for the booze upgrade.

OHIO
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bavaro Princess

ColdinMichigan, Did you upgrade at the resort or through your travel company? I would definately do it for $50 a person. Thanks

grand Rapids, Mi
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bavaro Princess

our travel company. We booked two weeks before xmas, but they weren't calling any kind of "promo", just asked if we wanted it and told us how much more it was. I thought it was a good deal, I will let people know when we get back (Feb 19-25).