We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in November

Vaughan, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather in November

My Fiance and I are going on our honeymoon in November.. but we're a little worried about the weather, and their hurricane season ... I'm just sooo worried.. can someone help me pleaseeeee

63 replies to this topic
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in November

if sooooo worried about weather which still did not happen some months in advance I would recommend to book a Destination with less worrysome weather conditions.

Have Fun

Mike

Guelph, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in November

That's pretty helpful, so now you are advising people not to visit the DR . I thought tourists were your bread and butter. Why can't you be a little more pleasant ,

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in November

I'd have to agree with Mike......it's hurricane season. I assume you weren't aware of that when you booked. If you are that worried you should change your honeymoon to Aruba...it's outside of the hurricane belt but you certainly could get a tropical storm. Possibly Cabo San Lucas with more of a desert atmosphere.....you may want to look for some place that has no weather threats.....can't think of any off the top of my head.....there are no guarantees in life!

ontario
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in November

Last time I was in PC was the first week of Nov . Clear and sunny aall week. 5 mins of rain. Going same time this year. Not worried.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in November

Every year for the past 4 we have been in PC for the month of November. Never once did we have a hurricane warning or any long term bad weather. It is pleasant and warm during the day (little bit of clouds every day starting at about 3:00pm) and a bit cooler at night. You might need a light sweater or over top. Can be a bit windy at that time of year as well. November is one of our favorite times of the year to go to PC. This year we are going in September which has a much higher opportunity for a hurricane.

Have fun on your honeymoon! Remember....November is the END of hurricane season!

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in November

Hurricane sason ends in Nov...so travel in Canada expect snow in Jan...opps warm spell and no snow...Mother Nature can be unpredicatable, and you can't predit it months in advance. Book and enjoy your honeymoon, you won't see much outside your room anyways lol. enjoy.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in November

sorry that you take my truthfully meant answer to the question as unpleasant, to say it straight as it is is not named unpleasant where I come from.

Hurricane Season ends on the Papers at November 30th every year, but we also had Tropical Storms in the Caribbean, including right here in Punta Cana early December, so I guess the Calendar of Mom Nature is not always working the same as We would wish on our wishful thinking for the perfect Honeymoon weather always when We visit at any Place of the Globe.

I spend the last consecutive 16 Novembers in Punta Cana and it would fill a quiet large Book to describe the weather of each November Day and for all those Years, as it is not the same for the same Day every Year, weather does not follow such 'logic' Patterns.

November weather in Punta Cana is very variable, we have phases with still extremely calm and almost windfree Days with the Sun burning down from early on all Day long, and November provides traditionally also some quiet windy and wavy days with Temp Drops and a good amount of Rain, as November is the Month when our Area's Climate changes from the Hot and sunny and very mostly DRY Summertime(Yes, Hurricane Season is the over all Dry Season as we catch Rain only the few Times when a Storm comes too close, the Rest is DRY) towards the rougher and cooler and on average rainier Wintertime. as Winter for Punta Cana You can see December and January and February, then the change starts backwards again.

If You wanna get BEST possible Chances to Not experience Rain nor a Storm nor dropping Temps nor rougher than average Sea Conditions then in November Punta Cana is Not the Place for You to book.

Yes,

most days in November are very Fine, as for Myself I like it when it is not from early morning on fully Hot, but that's of course different for every Person by their own Taste/Preferences.

as for the Bred and Butter Comment, Noap, mistaken again, a very small Percentage of my Daily work deals with Tourists since Years and my Biz is anyways not a significant Part of answering weather Questions or other questions on a Travel Forum such as Tripadvisor, such accounts for max 5% of my work, the Rest of my daily shedules has nothing to do with nor would be influenced by this or any other Travelbord.

weather is not always pleasant,

so the answers to weather questions are not always the pleasant sunny Outlook the questioner may have awaited/expected to hear,

but such answer doesn't mean the Messenger of such Answer is unpleasant.

Happy Sunny Travels,

we have sunny days each of the 12 months throughout the year

Mike

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,865 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in November

Mike's answer was just fine. To the point and truthful. MikeF has the experience of having been in PC over the many years and knows first hand that November is unpredictable at best. Now if a traveller wants to hear only great things about November travel weather, the truth is that they won't. This forum is about the truth - right.

I have been in PC only once in November and unless I had no choice, or no budget, I would not go again during that time. We had 4 days of rain, and the rest was cloudy and off and on rain. The ocean was rough on some days, and the slight breeze and lack of sun made reading under a palapa with a towel as a blanket necessary. But on the very other hand, you will also find comments about people who always go in November and have had nothing but great weather.

The moral of the story.....well you get it.

If you have to take your honeymoon in November, then be prepared for any event, but you could wait til end of January or later to take your honeymoon and have the law of averages on your side. (in PC anyway)

Edited: 6:09 am, September 06, 2011
Vaughan, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in November

Thank you everyone for your help... And yes I agree that this forum should be the truth... reading all your replies is truely great help...

Vaughan, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in November

Than does anyone of you recommend any nice places for november ?

Reply to: weather in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted