We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Irene aftermath!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent England
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hurricane Irene aftermath!

Has anyone canceled their holiday to the DR due to the conditions? Or thinking about it?

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Irene aftermath!

OMG Deb from Winterpeg drank all the Presidente and Mike Bryant all the rum.... I would cancel due of lack of alcohol in the region.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Irene aftermath!

cancel? is anyone that crazy??????

Central Valley, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane Irene aftermath!

I might as well postpone my vacation..I'm afraid my flights might get cancelled because my layover is in Philly and they are expected to get hit by Hurricane Irene by Sunday morning and that's when I am leaving!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurricane Irene aftermath!

if you would be from somewhere on the Northamerican East Coast or live in the Bahamas, then I would understand Your concerns that Your flight may be resheduled for some hours/Days due some turbulences on the way south, but as far as my restricted geographic Horizon reaches Kent is located somewhere North of the Land where the Euro is used instead of Pesos, right?, somewhere where they even refuse the Euro and stick to some old Queenie Pounds still?

from there Hurricane Irene will not have any Impact o Your Flight Inwards, but You should watch out for the Invests 98L and 90L, as both may come close to Your flightroute.

as for Conditions down here on the lil Isle,

this evening we are on Dead Calm Winds, some clouds in the Sky, since several hours no thunder been heard nor lightning seen.

the Outlook for Tomorrow:

let's talk about that crap Tomorrow.

Happy Travels

Mike

btw,

has there been any Q in the OP???

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,977 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurricane Irene aftermath!

If I were the US media I would put my camera at the entrance of Secrets Royal Beach and watch the cars and motos drive through a foot of water on the road. That would be the ticket!!! Have Chad analyze the situation...play it over and over and over again. Show it from different angles just to make the 100 foot stretch look more "widespread".

Why is there a foot of water on the road? Because they built walls and forgot about drainage! LOL I can count on one hand the number of areas of the roads locally that became flooded over the past few days...all of which occurring due to man made situations.

There is no aftermath. There is not even a palm frond laying anywhere, that would not be laying there anyways...storm or no storm.

Cheers

PCMike...under the early morning stars.

Edited: 1:33 am, August 25, 2011
Breda, The...
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurricane Irene aftermath!

No way i am gonna cancel, there´s nothing going on, no aftermath.

Please think of all the people who make a living from the tourist industrie, if we all stay away :<((

In 2 weeks we fly in, sun, beach, and loads of rum are waiting.

northumberland
Level Contributor
253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hurricane Irene aftermath!

There is no way we are cancelling either, we don't leave until 10th Sept, but unless there is another mega hurricane i'll be on the flight to paradise ;-)

We were in Playa Dorado in 2004 when Hurricane Jeanne struck, we were so very well looked after by the hotel staff who are well prepared for such things. After about 36 hrs off rain and wind everything was back to normal with beautiful sunshine ;-)

Beatsa

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
6,304 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hurricane Irene aftermath!

Like PCMike said and i quote "There is no aftermath.".

To all that have book your fantastic vacation on DR, do yourself a favor: Relax!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hurricane Irene aftermath!

We have 3 more sleeps to go and HECK no, we aren't cancelling this trip! Have waited all year for this one! Just hope we don't have problems getting out of Miami on Sunday. Hope everyone enjoys their vacation!

Sue

Lisbon,Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
6,304 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hurricane Irene aftermath!

Sue - That's the spirit!! I think you'll have no trouble getting out on Sunday, because Irene should be 782 miles far from Miami... Be safe.