We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which AI has the Best Food?

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
362 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Which AI has the Best Food?

I know AI are sometimes not known for the quality of the food. Are there any resorts that you would recommend that has excellent Food? We are are looking for a Place that is NOT AO as we will be with the kids. If Price was NOT an issue where would you recommend. Our Kids are young so we are more interested in Food for Adults.

BTW: We have looked at the Hard Rock and were leaning toward that as the Palace Resorts in Mexico were nice.

Thanks!

Edited: 4:44 pm, August 11, 2011
Chelsea, Canada
Level Contributor
775 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which AI has the Best Food?

It's too hard to recommend resorts based on which has best food. What I find good, could be something you really don't like. Maybe you should specify the typemof food you are looking for and it would at least give some direction on what you are expecting, again taste will differ for each idividual, but at least you will know which resort offers what you are looking for.

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
509 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which AI has the Best Food?

Iberostar has a good reputation on food. For the american palette, I would recommend an AM resort. Either Dreams or Secrets.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which AI has the Best Food?

to search for the best and look on the Hard Rock means reconsider/rerun your Search again.

the best Place for Kids is without doubt the Club Med in Ounta Cana.

Excellent Food at a AI?--Non existent, it is AI, for the Masses, not for the individual Taste, and Excellent can only be named what is done for/by the Individual's Taste.

American Palette, new Word for my repertoire, lol, but Hey, they all offer Hamburgers and Fries and Hot Dogs, but I would not name such usual weekends afternoons BBQ Food Excellent, it's what we prepare when some hungry crowd shows up and needs tio get Fed easy and quick and cheap, lolol.

for Excellent Food a AI Vacation is Not the way to go.

as for kids, the Club Med is def the Top Way to Go.

Happy Travels

Mike

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which AI has the Best Food?

I also look for above average food and drink at an AI...They are out there but hard to find..La Jolla De Mismaloya in PV was really good..I usually look for an AI with at least 4 restaurants and 4 bars...This will offer variety..I have stayed at RIUS and Occidental Royal Club which are consistently very good.This year we will be at Secrets RB..We will see..

Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
792 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which AI has the Best Food?

I say Dreams for amazing food!

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
362 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which AI has the Best Food?

Why can't food be better at one AI over another? Celebrity has WAY better food than Carnival for example.

Club Med sounds nice for the kids, but 7 Nights of Straight Buffet's doesn't quite sound appealing. Anyother Suggestions for Places with Good Food?

Paradisus Palma Real?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which AI has the Best Food?

I think a better way to ask this question would be which resort has the best quality of foods...

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
362 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which AI has the Best Food?

Chinodos- Any suggestions?

Any moderator can change the title if they can.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which AI has the Best Food?

I haven't actually been to punta cana as of yet, will be heading to Secrets Royal Beach on 8/27. But I have been to a couple of the Riu resorts in other locations, and I have found their food to be very good quality. I will say I am not that picky of an eater, but i know the difference between "whatever food" and good quality.

But if cost is not an issue, I have heard really good things about the iberostar grand bavaro food, especially their surf and turf buffett that consists of freshly prepared steaks and lobster.

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
362 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which AI has the Best Food?

Isn't that AO? iberostar grand bavaro ?