We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

Panama City, FL
Level Contributor
117 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

On the way from the airport to Secrets about 2/3 of the way we noticed a jet engine lying in a field next to the road. Look as if it had fallen off the wing. It looked to be the engine and engine strut from a large commercial jet and had been there for a couple of years. Hard to imagine how a jet engine got way out there.

Anyone know the story behind that?

Panama City, FL
Level Contributor
117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

Sorry, really would like to know the story of the jet engine

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

Have been in touch with a friend who lives in the Punta Cana / Bavaro area. He has been to Uvero Alto on numerous occasions and has never seen this.

He doesn't doubt you and is interested enough to inquire further but you must help him. He is not sure when he will next be travelling this road but he will keep an eye open and if he can find it he will inquire in the area.

Which side of the vehicle was it on; inland or ocean side (or left or right going to or from the resort)?

Is it something which might only be seen from a bus (which sits higher than a car)?

If at all possible please tell us some landmark near the location; something to narrow the search down a bit. Even how far from the Secrets resort will be a help.

Ball is in your court.

Gregg

Panama City, FL
Level Contributor
117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

Inland side of the road about 50 yards off the road. It was all too new to us.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

It's not a lot to go on but I'll pass it on and if I hear anything back (not real hopeful) I will certainly pass it on.

Gregg

ON.Toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

We went to Sirenis tropical 1'st week of January2005 (resort next to secrets) we saw the same thing on the inland side of the road. We asked our guide in the bus about it, its the big drum off the back of a cement truck, apparently as you could see they discard garbage anywhere along the countryside!!

Hopefully this answers your ?

Travelr@r

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

I like the jet engine story better!!

ON.Toronto
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

sorry to burst your bubble rescue41, but thats the truth!!!

maybe with the name rescue41 you were hopefull of a dispatch call for survivers,LOL

Miami
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

I think you were referring to the feed silo - probably thier ingenous way to recycle junk. Just returned and saw what I think you referred to however still think its recycled junk made into a feed silo.

Miami
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

I think you were referring to the feed silo - probably thier ingenous way to recycle junk. Just returned and saw what I think you referred to however still think its recycled junk made into a feed silo.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone know the story of the jet engine in the middle of...

I saw it last week...true, it's not a jet engine.