We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets, Punta CAna

Ocean, NJ
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Secrets, Punta CAna

Going to Secrets for the first time

3/7-3/14.

Anyone else who will be there the same

time?

I look foward to the sunshine, pool and

watersports!

Euclid, OH
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets, Punta CAna

We just returned (02-17-06) and my advise would be to brush up on your spanish..the staff speaks very little english but when in Rome...Stay away from the horse back riding..we got bit by "no-see-ems" and itched even after we got home. Hope your building isn't yellow..they are doing construction and it's very annoying! They did move us though to a 1st floor Room 8012..Pools are wonderful.

The beach is beautiful but those bugs are there too. Stear clear of the shops on the beach. They are a waste of time. All have the same merchandise and most of the shop owners are very annoying . Food was good! We all agreeded that the liquor is not as strong as in the states. If you want to tip it is accepted but not necessary. Great place to soak up the sun and relax. Disco was so-so. Seen better in my travels. All in all it was nice but would choose another destination and would stay away from the Dominican. Have a safe trip. P.S. Helicopter ride was awesome! Apple reps told us parasailing (sp) was unsafe at this resort. Have fun!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets, Punta CAna

We are going from 3/6 - 3/13.

Looking for sun and fun.

Celebrating our 20th!

Can't wait for that 1st Presidente.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets, Punta CAna

Funny, i just returned and found most the staff spoke english. The only ones that had a little trouble were the maids, i can't think of one other that didn't.

As for bugs, never saw one. Never got bit on the beach, never even opened my can of spray!

I liked the shops on the beach, i enjoyed "messing' with the sellers there and seeing just how flexable the prices really are.

It was true i think that the booze isn't as strong, but for me that's a good thing. I'd never last thru 15 hours of drinking if it was. As for staying away from PC, i guess it's all in what floats your boat. I've been to St. Maarten, St. Barts, Statia, Cancun, Anguila, much prefer it in PC myself. Actually it kinda reminds me on St. Maarten without the cost(and friendlier people).

Beverly, MA
Level Contributor
558 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets, Punta CAna

Hey MikeM,

I wish you were going to be there when my wife and I get there. You see seem to be my kind of people..........roll with the punches, have a good time, don't nitpick, don't try to equate EVERYTHING to the amount of money you spent, ENJOY the fact that you can actually drink for 15 hours and still be somewhat upright, APPRECIATE the hard work of your hosts EVEN IF YOU DID SPEND A LOT OF $$$ TO GO THERE!!

new jersey
Level Contributor
303 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets, Punta CAna

we are going to Secrets march 16th---CAN'T WAIT. we will relax and just enjoy.....i have bugs in my backyard---i'll treat Secret's bugs the same way---ignore them and 'CHILL' :)

Morgantown, WV
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets, Punta CAna

Hi There, we will be there from March 6 to 13th. we are a couple in our late 40's from West Virginia, we are looking forward to a whole week of Fun !

Ontario, Ohio
Level Contributor
799 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets, Punta CAna

Playa,

I can't remember if you are going in April or not? When will you be there?

Shelly

Beverly, MA
Level Contributor
558 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets, Punta CAna

Going to Secrets April 15 - 22

Beaumont, Texas
Level Contributor
695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets, Punta CAna

Going May 27 through June 2nd, anyone else going at this time? Would love to meet other trip members.

Perry, Michigan
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets, Punta CAna

We are going March 22 till March 29 looking forward to relaxing in the sun with a drink in my hand.