We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sickness at Bahia Principe?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Sickness at Bahia Principe?

We are leaving in aweek for BP in Punta Cana and I'm very concerned about all the reports of people getting sick with bacterial infections. Has anyone had this at BP? They quaratined some hotel in PC...which one?

Help

Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sickness at Bahia Principe?

Riu Melao

Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sickness at Bahia Principe?

I think this is the one....not 100% sure....check posts from yesterday

mchenry,il
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sickness at Bahia Principe?

We are leavung tomorrow for BP!!!!!!!

have herd of no illness there,at all so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When to you arrive at BP?

Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sickness at Bahia Principe?

Sorry its the Riu Bambu....following is a post from t_pie 2004

Just returned from the Bambu. 2 out of 5 were sick with vomiting, fever, and diarrhea for 24hrs. Everyone we talked to had either gotten sick or someone in their group did. They stated it was a virus brought from Germany, it was lasting 3 days but now down to 24hrs. Not sure I believe them. Take away the sickness and the resort was absolutely awesome. Don't think we will go back because of that.

Mid NJ
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sickness at Bahia Principe?

Got home last night/early this morning from Bahia Principe due to the snow storm in NJ.

Husband and I ate and drank all week. Only bottled water (water in restaurant is filtered and we drank that). No problem with getting sick. I took pepto and immodium with me but didn't need them. We took malaria meds but only saw one mosquito and didn't even use the DEET bug spray I brought.

Enjoy! Beautiful place.

Make sure to make your reservations for the Al La Carte restaurants asap.

If you want chair by pool, go early in the morning as people save chairs with towels. :-(

boston,ma
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sickness at Bahia Principe?

We checked out yesterday, had a good time. My wife and I got a little sick(upset stomach etc...) for about one day, not really bad. Food was good for an AI. If your concerned try to stay away from the outdoor lunch places by the beach, only because the food is out in the open and just like any summer cookout you go to, there are flies around. Other than that

all good.