We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bavaro Princess - Anyone booked Junior suite and ended in...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Bavaro Princess - Anyone booked Junior suite and ended in...

I booked a Junior Garden Suite at the Bavaro Princess for the first week in April. Only the Junior suite was offered when I booked a few months ago. I just found the difference between Junior suite (in the hotel 2 stories complex) and the regular suite (80 bungalows with 8 suites each). I may ask for an upgrade once we get there, but I was wondering if anyone booked a Junior Suite previously and ended with the regular suite without asking (some sort of free upgrade). There are about 80 junior suites and over 800 regular suites (located in bungalows).

Atlanta
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bavaro Princess - Anyone booked Junior suite and ended in...

I am also booked for the first week in April, but when I booked, the only thing available was supersaver ROH (through apple) so I am not sure exactly where that would put us. Sorry I couldn't help.

New Hampshire, USA
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bavaro Princess - Anyone booked Junior suite and ended in...

We were booked into "Jr. Suite" through TNT and I was worried about that as well, however, the TNT website stated 86 bungalows. I didn't want to be in that back of the resort. I e-mailed ahead with a request and was in bungalow 41. I don't know if the e-mail had anything to do with it or not as I never recieved a reply.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,952 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bavaro Princess - Anyone booked Junior suite and ended in...

If your TA or TO can't/won't upgrade you now, I'd see if the hotel will. Try emailing the general box bavaro@bavaroprinces.com.do or princesshotels@sympatico.ca (Nth Am Sales & Mktg), or Rita Madruga in Guest Services r.publicas@bavaroprincess.com.do I think the difference in rooms (view, space, privacy etc) would be worth paying up front.