We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best AI for families

Texas
Level Contributor
291 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best AI for families

What are the best AI resorts for families?

We will be taking our 3 boys ages 5 1/2, and 2 1/2 yr old twins. My parents are also coming along.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best AI for families

You are so lucky to have help coming along!

I have three kids as well, youngest is 5 (11 and 12). I have been researching this very thing for weeks! I think the kids clubs are for 3 - 4 and up.

My travel agent called three different tour companies, and spoke to four people, all four having been to several resorts. The Ocean Blue/Sands was definitely the most impressive for kids. They have rock climbing walls, bowling alleys, etc., etc. I was also looking for decent food (all inclusives are not known for their food), a 5 apple or above, cleanliness,etc.

Good luck on your decision!

Texas
Level Contributor
291 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best AI for families

bump

Texas
Level Contributor
291 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best AI for families

bump

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best AI for families

HMOM

We've now been to three different AI's (and done endless research) with small children.

The Sunscape (now Dreams) in Tulum was a beautiful resort with great food, great service, but the kid's club was a bust for us - they no longer take younger than 4 years old. I've heard good things about Sunscape's kids program, but Tulum was changing to Dreams and it didn't work for our 3 year old at all. Everything about the resort was 5 star except the kids club, which meant we only got a break from the kids because we were travelling with other family members.

FDR in Jamaica was great, especially with very young kids. Each family gets a nanny (and they're great) from 9-5 each day and they babysit at night for $4 and hour. If you have someone young enough to need a nap, the nanny can stay in the room with them and you're not stuck, plus you can put the kids to bed and go out for dinner - a real treat. It's not 5 star and the beach is a bit meager but we loved the people and the feel of a small resort (75 rooms). Also, rooms are all suites - with a full living/dining/kitchen area with kids beds separate from the bedroom. Not the endless activity options of Club Med, so depends what you're looking for.

We just returned from a week at Club Med. We were two families with 4 kids, 2, 3, 5 & 5 and had a wonderful time. Kid's club is fantastic - by far best of any resort we have been to. The staff are truly amazing with the kids. If these GO's can't get your kids into it, then no resort will. Babysitiing at night would be nice. 5 minute transfer from airport is a treat (after the others 1-1/2 to 2 hour bus rides). This is MUCH bigger resort than FDR, so the feel is totally different and meals are all buffet. See my review "Almost perfect for families" under Club Med Punta Cana.

Overall, I think we'll go back to Club Med Punta Cana next trip for great kids club (it's like summer camp) and endless activities, but with very young kids FDR is the best and the smaller resort has a great feel.

Cheers!