We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

North Andover, MA
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

We just got back and would love to answer any questions you might have about the resort. This forum helped us so much before we left and I'd like to return the favor!

Mifflinburg...
Level Contributor
210 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

well anything you can tell me would be great.im going july 1st

Roanoke,VA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

We are spending our honeymoon there in May. Any advice would be appreciated. We would like to experience some night life but would like to experience as many activities as possible. What excursions, etc. Do you tip every day? How much? Did you take meds for malaria? How much Spanish did you know? Thanks so much.

McKeever

North Andover, MA
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

We knew NO Spanish and it didn't seem to be much of a problem. Just say "

English please" and they will try to communicate.....usually quite well.

We tipped the maid the 1st two days and still got nothing special, not even bath towels!! Had to call down for them every day. We stopped tipping. One bartender in the lobby we tipped each night and he was always ready with our drinks each night. Just a dollar will do the trick.we did the horse backriding that was included and it was fantastic. Inquire at the sctivities building on the beach and they will book you. DO NOT ask the guy by the towels. He will try to sell you the same package for $60 and will lie about what the resort trip is. We also did parasailing which was wonderful. Book that at the Paradisus water sports and you will get the best price.

Shows were fun and entertining each night and there seemed o be a party atmosphere in the looby after each show but we were pooped by then!

North Andover, MA
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

We took no other excursions as we just wanted to enjoy the incredible beach.

We also had no stomach problems although we were prepared with Pepco Bismo. No malaria meds neccessary.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

This is a personal question and please don't answer if offended. How much did you pay for your trip and where did you fly from?? We are going to the Caribe Club Princess for the second time because we love it, but are looking around at other Bavaro beach resorts for next year. Did you feel you got value for your money? compared to other vacations?

Thanks.

North Andover, MA
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

The trip was $3700 total. The only other costs were the massage and a few souviners. We though it was great value for the money. And we got a direct flight from Boston which was a bonus.

Cincinnati
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

Can the men where nice shorts in the dining rooms at the Caribe Princess - or does everyone wear long pants. Thanks!

Cincinnati
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

Can the men where nice shorts in the dining rooms at the Caribe Princess - or does everyone wear long pants. Thanks!

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
258 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

My boyfirend and I are going to paradisus palma real in April. I heard that it's not safe to leave the resort. I would like to go on an excursion, any suggestions? How's the snorkeling off the beach? Do men have to wear pants in all the dining rooms for dinner? Any good shopping?

nantucket
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Paradisus Punta Cana ..questions?

how was the weather? the wind??