We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana airport shuttle

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Cana airport shuttle

Does the Hard Rock Hotel have a free shuttle service to and from Punta Cana Airport? I have read it does in some reviews and no in others.

Thanks!

Wellington, Ohio
Level Contributor
561 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana airport shuttle

It probably depends upon who you book through. I know that Apple Vacations and Funjet includes the transfers as part of your package. If you booked through someone else then you will likely have to purchase your transfers on your own. If that is the case I recommend checking the Hard Rock hotel web site to rule out hotel provided transfer service.

Howell, Nj
Level Contributor
48 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana airport shuttle

Hi, I did not stay at Hard Rock, but we booked a pick-up service to and from the airport for about $14 p/p round trip with Blue Travel.

Edited: 3:07 pm, June 14, 2011
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana airport shuttle

We booked a roundtrip shuttle through a travel site and the service is called Coco tours. Anyone have any experience with this shuttle service?

Thanks

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana airport shuttle

They are probably ok but they did forget us on one occassion. I believe we had booked thru TNT and they were part of the package. If you can get out of it, there is a direct transfer available thru IBK Services.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana airport shuttle

sun_sand_saltwater ,

How was Blue Travel for transfers. Expedia uses them and they only show a full sized bus which leads me to believe the bus may take some time to fill or at least enough people to make it financially feasable for the bus to leave the airport.

Edited: 6:02 pm, June 14, 2011
North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana airport shuttle

Blue Travel used to be Club Caribe.....

I recently booked my vacation thru Orbitz and when I went to book my transfers which are not included..I noticed that I was to call the transfer company 2 days before my trip AND call them again 2 days before I leave the DR to confirm my reservation! When I go on vacation I don't want to be bothered with those details...I want someone else watching my flights for me!

I'd say that is worth an additional $30!

If transfers are included....that is a different story. Then you have to weigh out whether it is wise to spend an additional $100. or so for private transfers.

murillo
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Cana airport shuttle

We always found that we want to get to the resort as soon as possible. The last day we don't mind sitting in the airport , just want to get home to the dogs and our own bed.I would spend $40 . for a cab to ge there asap , even with transfer included.We used Conexion this year, cheaper than IBK and you don't pay til you get to your hotel rather than in advance by pay pal.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Cana airport shuttle

oceangirl, I totally agree with you!!! we leave next week and I noticed the same thing! not only the transfers but I decided to check on my room reservations because our agent kept saying it was a swim up room , that is all we wanted from this trip, and our papers didn't match up with the hotels, majestic colonial, decription.....low and behold, the agent had been lying to us for months....even saying that his company only had swim up rooms!!!! I have been devastated......wanted everything perfect as this was a honeymoon that was delayed for two years....... I think he knew what he was doing and just figured we would have to blame the hotel for the mistake! I judt sent him a vert long email threatening the better business bureau, trip advisor reviews and our local news......I hate being that way but we paid good money for this trip!!!!! I did contact IBK, judt waiting to hear back from them for transfers, wee may even wait and just take taxi! :)

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Punta Cana airport shuttle

congratulations on your honeymoon! I am sure you will have a lovely time!

Howell, Nj
Level Contributor
48 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Punta Cana airport shuttle

Singer,

Blue Travel was fantastic! We had no issue with them at all.We had an air conditioned van all to ourselves on the way in and a large charter bus on our way back. Very polite and professional.

Kim