We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Punta Cana in May?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
209 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Punta Cana in May?

I was looking at the almanacs and it seems to rain alot in May. Is it the rainy season? Would April be a better time to go? Or does rain mean just for a few minutes and quit?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Punta Cana in May?

I haven't been to Punta Cana yet...looking to book a trip in Sept., although I can tell you that a good friend of mine goes yearly in May...usually towards the end of the month...and has always experienced beautiful weather. I know they say that is it one of the rainiest months although she claims to have never experienced any rain. Good luck & enjoy!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Punta Cana in May?

I went last May and it rained all day, every day for the entire vacation - it was a real heartbreak! I don't advise the month of May. I've heard it said that the rain comes and goes very quickly, and that may be true other times of the year, but our experience was that it was a long-lasting weather system. It apparently continued for the next two weeks after we left!

somewhere over the...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Punta Cana in May?

it rained everyday in the middle of may but did not stop us. May is generally the rainy season but you never know. Don't let that bother you if it happens. Always a good time in the tropics