We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new riu palace punta cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
venlo nederlands
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
new riu palace punta cana

anybody seen the new riu palace right nex to the beautiful bahia principe? it will open the 1first of may .how is the swimmingpool from the new riu palace? we are going to the riu palace on the 28 june 2006 hope it will be ready.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new riu palace punta cana

Well I have just come back from the Riu Bambu next door and although the front of the hotel looks almost finished the back is still a shell. They will have to get a move on for it to be finished in time! Once I have my pictures on CD this weekend I will put them and a review of the Bambu on next week and you will see for yourself! It is a big hotel though, much bigger than the other Palace hotel.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new riu palace punta cana

hey snoebel:

where did you hear that the opening date is may 1st ? I'm planning to go on the first week of may, so if it is may 1st, I might make it. But I've seen packages on sale already, and earliest is May 6 from Sunquest.

windsurf-girl:

can't wait to read your review. I stayed at Riu Bambu last year and had a great time. I'm hoping for the new palace in May. Do you have any pictures of it? I want to have an idea how far along the construction is. If you have any pictures, can you email them?

ssress@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot!

venlo nederlands
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new riu palace punta cana

hey ssress,i heard it from my travelagent when i booked my trip for 28 june to riu palace mayby she is wrong on the openening date .and it is the 6 off may i dont know .but iff you are looking for a beautifoul hotel the bahia principe next to the riu iss wonderfull .i went there last year withe my husband.we stayed at the goldensection .the rooms are right next to the beache and swimmingpools wonderfull. food is very good and olso the drinks from chivas to bacardi all incl.by thy golden club section.it was asomme.

jmp
Ontario,CAN
Level Contributor
257 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new riu palace punta cana

I was at Bahia Principe in January and I would be very suprised if this resort was to open in early May. Like one of the other users mentioned, there is still a lot to go to get this resort completed. When I was looking at it I was saying to myself that it would be at least a year until this place is complete. I would watch construction for a bit every day and I'll tell you, things don't move very fast. I watched a machine that was building roads at this resort and it was a big bigger than a bobcat, was quite amusing. This place is going to look amazing though when finished.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new riu palace punta cana

ssress, i have now posted my piccies on the bambu listing. I have only put 1 of the new hotel but it is quite clear and shows it in full. the back of the hotel, which you cant really tell from the picture though, is still a way off being finished. they were still in the process of building what looked like a raised road to the reception area. i wouldnt worry about it though, i am sure it will be ready as the shell was their, the front lot of windows were in as well. I have a couple more photos, if you think it would be helpful i will post a couple more on the bambu site. hope you have a great time!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new riu palace punta cana

windsurf-girl,

Thanks, I saw the picture, and it's huge! even compared to the old Palace. Hopefully they'll make a lot of progress in the next 2 months.

But this Bambu site you mentioned, is it Rusty's Unofficial Riu Site, or is it the TA Forum you are speaking of?

Let me know if you do post more pictures of the new palace anywhere, and I'll look for it. Thanks!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new riu palace punta cana

ssress, i have just added some more piccies, they should be on my review on the bambu on this site in a couple of days. a couple show the whole riu site so you can see the size and location of all of them.