We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bashing on this forum

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bashing on this forum

You know i use to love this forum, and as you can see i have tried to help answer many quesitons since i have been on here, as have many others, but what has been happening with all the bashing on here, it is absolutly insane!!!People come here to find out information about things and places they have not visited, and we try and answer best to our knowledge, what gives us the right to bash someone over their question or their answer, a simple disagreement will do, we all are not going to have the same opinions, we are all different in so many ways.But that is what is suppose to help the other people ,is seeing many different sides of a coin. I know for one, i am tired of comming in here and trying to answer a questions and being jumped all over and called names because i tried to answer that questions.I may not agree with what the person wants to do, but it isnt our jobs to judge them, it is to try and guide them the best we can. ISNT IT? Some questions may be stupid to others who are experienced, but to tell them it is a stupid question is ridiculous and so on, I have to say i miss the excitement of getting someone else excited for their vacation while i was counting down for mine, but all this seems to be these days is a fighting forum.

Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bashing on this forum

AMEN! There has been a few people on here lately who have been completely out of control in regards to this issue. I am glad that someone spoke up. I have tried to address it in one thread and got called all sorts of names. In an effort to defend myself, I continued to get bashed along with everyone else who disagreed with these particular few.

I agree, it has taken the enjoyment of coming here and reading and preparing for future trips.

I refuse to empower these selected few and have left them alone for the past few days to rant and rave all they wanted and I feel sorry for anyone who dared speak up.

I am ashamed to see that they are fellow Canadians and in one case a fellow Ontario resident!

May we all choose our destinations without sarcasim, criticisim and constant bashing!

Happy Holidays!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,878 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bashing on this forum

I was reading your discourse as it was happening and I totally agree with you. We are here to help and no question should go unanswered. this is a forum for questions. Keep up the good work and reply to questions with a good heart and attitude and regardless of a few bashers, there is more good that comes from answering someone else's questions. Thank you. Let's keep doing the work needed to help people and keep them from making some of the same mistakes we made because we did not ask beforehand.

Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
265 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bashing on this forum

I joined this list approx two months ago, when I was researching Punta Cana and cannot begin to tell you how much I have learned from all you people. It is SO greatly appreciated. I am one of those people that when counting down days to a new destination, spent alot of time researching it, reading reviews and looking at pictures from fellow travelers.

There are going to be negative people on any list. You just have to learn who to ignore and move on.

While I won't be up in arms in regards to my recent thread on being able to "get a drink at a neighboring resort", I do know that it would definatly affect some other people from feeling comfortable enough to post questions. And that is what is sad.

Yes, some questions are going to be downright silly, but my opinion is, is if you are going to be rude in your answers, then simply don't answer that question. It sounds pretty easy to me. You can see for yourself that on just this one list, if someone asks a silly questions or one that has been asked a million times, very few people if anyone will respond. And that is the way it should be instead of getting all upset and responding rudely.

Best wishes everyone.

South Caorlina
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: bashing on this forum

I too have visited this forum to gain information and helpful insight while planning my honeymoon. I really appreciate those who have taken the time to answer my questions with patience. THANKS!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bashing on this forum

Sounds like I missed something. Hate when that happens. What thread?

Kevin

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bashing on this forum

i am not referring to any particular thread, it just seems that alot of them there is just so much fighting, thats all.

Saskatoon Sask
Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bashing on this forum

Kevin just use the search bar and type in Carribe Princess. Go to the recent dates. Bet you get your thread. The search is a great tool and if more would use that before they post they might not ask what some would call a dumb question. When you getting pumped up there is no such thing as a dumb question.

Sidney, Ohio
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: bashing on this forum

I have used this forum to get the answer to several questions. Maybe some of my questions were stupid but I am thankful for all of the help.

I am very grateful for the people who have tried to answer my questions and help me. Thank You All.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: bashing on this forum

I am going to have to agree with you. I went on Debbie's Dominican Travel yesterday and that forum was much more positive than some of the responses I have seen on trip advisor.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bashing on this forum

Hey Princess,

Sounds like a person that wants a pulpit to stand on. Forget about them.

Tell you what. Even though it is a very long walk, April 8th to the 16th we will be at Secrets. You walk up and ask for Kevin or Mr. Brugal and I will buy you a drink. No wristbands at Secrets so just walk right up the beach. Trying to raise the opinion of Ontario people. Of course I live in Ontario, Ohio but hey we people of the Indian name Ontario should stick together.

Kevin