We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar dominicana

portsmouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
iberostar dominicana

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what land sports are at iberostar dominicana.

Also is it a good place for my 16 year old son, can he go to the disco.

many thanks

Whitehall, PA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar dominicana

Table Tennis, Archery, Tennis, volleyball and waterpolo if I remember correctly.

I could not tell you if the disco has a age limit but I imagine that it does. We went in the first night and never even gave a thought to returning because of the other things that are available on the grounds. besides the smoke inside just about killed us. Good thing they had plenty available drinks !

Check out iberostar.com for more information on the hotels at this location.

Also, in case you did not know there are three properties side by side which you share the amenities. So make you choice wisely. You have the Ib. Punta Cana to the North; the Ib. Dominicana in the middle; and the Ib. Bavaro to the South.

Thus, if you book the Bavaro (best) you can eat etc. everywhere. If you book the Dominicana (same as punta Cana to me) you cannot eat at the Bavaro, but can at the everywhere else.

I personnaly would book the Bavaro without hesitation.

There is alot of topless sunbathing that happens at this resort. I am sure your son won't mind that at all, but thought I would inform you.

I could not say enough about how much we enjoyed ourself at this resort, but if you have any other questions send them my way.

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar dominicana

I haven't been to this Iberostar, but I will be there in April w/my 16,15,15,11 yr olds. I was at the Iberostar Paraiso del Mar in the Riviera Maya 2 years ago. My kids participated in beach volleyball, air rifle shooting, archery, pool games, pool basketball and volleyball. There was shuffleboard and tennis too. They never did lack for much to do. I hear the disco at the IB Dominicana is a "teen" disco and I know my older ones will like this as they spent a lot of time at the teen disco on our last cruise.

portsmouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar dominicana

thanks to both of you for your help,

table tennis and vollyball are my sons thing so he will be happy.

there does'nt seem to be many deals to iberostar bavaro from england so it will have to be dominicana.

Whitehall, PA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: iberostar dominicana

bambi66

email the resort prior to leaving asking nicely to have a king size bed instead of 2 doubles and chances are that you will get upgraded to the BAvaro for free !!!

However, double check to see if the bavaro rooms have accomdations for your son.

I recall them having an L shaped coach that may be suitable or maybe not.

I am sure that you can check with Guest Services when you arrive + on other hand if you get upgraded and it doesn't look feasible maybe they have a rool away or just go back to the Dominicana

They generally upgrade people from the Dom. to the Bavaro as an overspill of bookings, but do not think that your are going to get lucky that way if you book the Punta Cana.

Also, on a side note a couple of great things to bring are insulated mugs to keep your drinks cold and small things that children might like Ex. tablets, multi-color pens, anything.

Great to leave for the maids as a tip and to use as bartering down the beach to the south of the resort is an open are market place that has alot of really cool things.

Have fun and enjoy yourself !

NW Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: iberostar dominicana

Do any of the Iberostar properties in Punta Cana have family suites--that is 2 bedrooms rather than 1 room with a king and a sofa bed?

Whitehall, PA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: iberostar dominicana

I checked the Iberostar website and did not find any like that.

However, I can only remember suites available like that at the Ibo. properties in Mexico.

There are probably some available at another resort for more $$$

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
75 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: iberostar dominicana

Hi Bambi66

We were at the Iberostar Punta Cana/Dominican in December 2005 with are twin 16 year old girls. They had a great time at the resort and their are so many activities during the day you will never get board. Just look for the star friends to find the next activitie. The disco has an age limit of 16 and above. Make sure your son gets the same color wrist band as you and he will have no problem with the guard at the door. The drinking age is also 16 in Punta cana. They also have Boccie ball, Archery, Dance lessons and silly competitions around the pool(very fun). My girls want to go back again so you know it was fun.