We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NOW Larimar

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
NOW Larimar

NOW resorts took over the NH Real on May 1, 2011 and I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the new NOW Larimar since May 1. I am staying at the NOW Larimar May 20-27 and I'm curious how the place is. I have read their website and everything sounds great and wonderful but looking for someone who has actually stayed there.

Please let me know your thoughts if you have stayed at the NOW Larimar.

Thank you

Cleveland Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NOW Larimar

I'm going June22-29 and am also really wanting to hear how it is!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
8 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NOW Larimar

I'll definitely review once I get back!

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,000 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NOW Larimar

I just read a review for Zoetry, another AM resort, where the guests complained of sales people selling vacation time shares. That's too bad, if they also descend on NOW Larimar and Secrets Royal Beach, which are, if I'm not mistaken, AM resorts now.

Toronto
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NOW Larimar

AM is now responsible for the sales and marketing for NOW, but the management is still NH. We are going back in August, and this will be our third trip back to this wonderful resort! This year, my sister's family is going with us!! We were there back in 2008 when it first open and still has the old name of EdeNh. Last year we went again. Their service has dramatically improved.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NOW Larimar

poozieny, I read that too about Zoetry. Yikes! I've never had to deal with timeshare sharks before, and am hoping that a polite "no thank you" will suffice. There's no harm in declining the lunch offer/salespitch, is there? I don't want to offend anyone or put a downer on our trip to Zoetry.

Any thoughts anyone, on declining?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NOW Larimar

A simple no thank you should suffice any offers that the UVC people make. Be firm in your resolve and just say NO Gracias and walk away. Don't let the thought that it might ruin your vacation get to you.

I visited all of the AMResorts properties in the beginning of April and even got to meet the folks at UVC at each of the AMResorts as I was concerned about some of the things I was reading here.

They have been working hard on training their sales staff to be more low key and not "hard sell" So I think that the "No Gracias" should work.

I watched them at each of the AMResorts from the beginning of my trip to the end and can say that over the 2 weeks that I was in the DR and visiting each resort I saw a much more low key atmosphere.

Happy Travels

bb/mt

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,000 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NOW Larimar

thanks, baltobabe. that's reassuring.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NOW Larimar

Thanks baltobabe - I feel better about that then. I just got thinking about what I wrote, and I hope I didn't misspeak, as I respect the fact that they have a job to do, and did not mean to insinuate that THEY would be a downer, just that I would feel bad for turning them down, but yet see them through the week. I'm just like that :)

Thanks again for the info and reassurance.

Frankfort, Il
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NOW Larimar

Just returned from Dreams Palm Beach which is part of AM Resorts and all you really have to say in a nice way is No Thank You and they leave you alone. It really isn't a big deal, only if you let it be. By the way, we LOVED Dreams Palm Beach Preferred.

Airdrie, Alberta
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NOW Larimar

We just returned home on the 12th from the NOW Larimar! I can't enough good things about this resort! They layout, grounds, pool, restaurants and people were GREAT! We were there with 35 of our friends and family for our wedding and I don't think anyone had anything major to complain about :)

If you have any specific questions about the resort PM me and I will try to answer the best I can!