We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bavaro, Republique...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

Dear tripadvisors members,

my name is Marie and I have been living on the island for more than 1 year. I first came to Dominican republic as a GO for Club MED. As I completelt fell in love with this exquisite part of the world, I decided to stay and work for different tourist companies. 1 year after, I decided to go back home Canada to complete my studies, however, without being able to forget the wonderful experience I had lived here. This is excatly what brought be back on the island some 6 months ago. Now, I work in the centre of Bavaro and live in a very nice appartment in Punta Cana.

Here is my story....to let you know that I am available to you to answer all of your questions. Please, do not hesitate to send me an e-mail, and maybe we will have the chance to meet when you will come over on the island.

Sincerely,

Marie

runawaymama
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
221. Re: Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

Hi,

I am trying to decide where to go on our next trip. My husband and I have been to the Mayan Rivera twice. I love it there! We want to go somewhere different this time but I am afraid that I will be disapointed. Are their activities, natural attratctions outside of the resorts?

Thanx

Heather

Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
222. Re: Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

Hi Marie,

I was wondering if you can suggest a hotel in Punta Cana - I am thinking of going in January 2007 with my three 11-years old boys. They need good pool and good beach. We've been to RIU in Mexico - is Riu Bambo good?

Thanks, JS

Trois-Rivières
1 post
Save Reply
223. Re: Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

Allô Marie,

J'aimerais savoir si tu connais une epicierie à Punta Cana..Nous avons loué un condo appeller Santa Maria , près du Carabella et nous allons devoir faire la bouffe donc est-ce que tu en connais. La personne à qui nous avons loué à dit qu'il se batissait un centre commercial pas loin...est-ce exacte??

J'adore ton expérience, si je retournais à 20 ans, je ferais ce genre d'expérience..

Espérant que tu recevras mon message

Amicalement

Sophie

new york
Level Contributor
52 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
224. Re: Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

I am curious if you know anything about Tortuga Bay. My wife and I like to go to quiet small boutique places where there are no children. Any advice you can give me is appreciated.

Joel

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
225. Re: Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

Hi People,

Marie has not posted here in a very long time. You might want to redirect your questions to some of the real Local Experts.........

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,709 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
226. Re: Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

I recommend that we end this thread and send it to bed.

Majestic Mike

Ontario
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
227. Re: Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

Yes, either end this thread or send out a search party for Marie.

new york
4 posts
Save Reply
228. Re: Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

Eve Marie.

trying to plan a 4 night trip with my boyfreidn in may. we are in our mid twenties and looking for an all inclusive. right now the most intriguing resorts are the majestic and the excellence. can you offer any advice. we are looking for a swimmble beach, snorkeling would be a perk and overall just a decent place to go . i have heard mixed things about both and was wondering if either is preferential, or if you have another suggestion. we don't want a place with lots of kids running around. any help would be great. thank you!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,709 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
229. Re: Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

Eve marie does not live here anymore...no forwarding address. Best just start a new thread with your question.

majestic Mike

new york
4 posts
Save Reply
230. Re: Any Questions? Ask a Canadian that have been living on the...

okay. since marie is no longer here to advise, i would ask any of you locals or past punta cana visitors for advice.

looking to book a may vacation for a couple in our mid 20s. somewhere with not a bunch of kids in a pool!

heard great things about MAJESTIC and EXCELLENCE, but having trouble deciding. The swimming at Excellence seems to be too rough and i have heard mixed things about both resorts.

Any prefernces? or other suggestions would be very helpful.

THANKS!