We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$1 tips everywhere?

CT
6 posts
Save Topic
$1 tips everywhere?

Should we tip the bartenders EVERY time we get a drink? I heard you should tip a $1 or $2 to the maid every day but haven't heard about the bar.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
751 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: $1 tips everywhere?

I personally don't tip staff until the end. If you tip the bartenders EVERy time you get a drink, you will be dishing out a LOT of money. I would recommend giving a few dollars here and there, that way they give you better service, and then leave a lot of money at the end to the staff that gave you exceptional service.

Hartlepool, NE...
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $1 tips everywhere?

We tended to tip the barman a couple of dollars at the beginning of the day, and you will find he will then serve you every time you go to the bar that day, and you won't have to wait

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $1 tips everywhere?

We tipped the maid at the end of our stay. We gave tips to the bartenders just every once and awhile. We did leave tips after dinner at the speciality restaurants.

Illinois
Level Contributor
283 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: $1 tips everywhere?

What I did was the first time went to get a drink for the day I would tip the person waiting on me. Then when went back they seemed to wait on me a bit quicker. One evening spent quite some time at a specific bar visiting with people and when we left for the evening we tipped several dollars since got such excellent service. I tip the maids daily . We had 3 different people cleaning our room during the week and didnt want one to get a week's work of tips.

Cow Hampshire USA
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: $1 tips everywhere?

We threw everyone a couple bucks here and there......especially the bartenders who we spent the most time with. We also went out of our way to tip a couple of waitstaff and chefs. The maids got tipped daily. There is no set rule, we just chose to do it. It seemed to make a difference in the long run when you needed something.