We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of Reviews

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Review of Reviews

It always amazes me that people staying at the same resort could have "Way" different takes on a resort. So I went and polled the last 50 reviews on one resort.

My big thing in taking stock in a review is contact information. So I based this review on dealing with this fact.

Broke down into 5-star, 5-star w/email, 4-star, 4-star w/email, and then 3-star or less, 3-star or less w/email.

5-Star = 23

5-Star w/email = 10

4-star = 8

4-Star w/email = 3

3-Star = 5 (or less)

3-Star w/email = 1

Just short of half the 5-star reviews have contact information. When you look at the 1/6th of the poor reviews have contact information.

WHY? Hope one of the brains on TA can put something behind this stat. I always tell people to never take stock in a poor review that does not include an email contact. I was shocked to see that there was contact on the one poor review. That is one of the first I have run across.

Looking for input.

Kevin

14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Review of Reviews

Very interesting. Just curious, which resort did you check out?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,100 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review of Reviews

I sent my review in to Trip Advisor almost a week ago and they have yet to post it, what is up with them.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review of Reviews

Review was of Secrets.

bbgamer: Did you have them pull your old review? Took me forever to get my last review posted.

Kevin

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,100 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review of Reviews

I will check but my last review was STB. I will write back to them. Debbies and Cheryl's sites had the review up the next day.

ontario
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Review of Reviews

Nice insightful way of assessing the reviews. I have a less technical way of evaluating the usefullness of reviews. I look at 6 or so reviews and throw out the highest and lowest scoring review (like they do in karate tournaments). Then I assess those left. (Of course,I always read the lowest scoring review because they usually make me chuckle.)

michigan
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Review of Reviews

Dear bbgamer

When you were listing the sites that put the reviews up quickly you said Debbies and Cheryls. I go to Debbies alot but what is the site address for Cheryls? I do not think I have been there before. Thanks

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,100 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review of Reviews

www.chris-n-cheryl.com its a site about Secrets Resorts and Sandals Resorts mainly