We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ok now im between Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Bavaro

NY
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ok now im between Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Bavaro

Wow im more confused then ever...which resort Gran Bahia or Iberostar Bavaro? Both are rated good but which has more for teenagers but not over crowded? Please HELP!!

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
10,288 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ok now im between Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Bavaro

Sue.....I have been to both and I enjoyed the Bahia more. It is newer and has great pools and all the resturants are air conditioned. The Iberostar is more square and very easy to get around. It is older and is really beautiful. The Bahia may offer more because of the pools. The beach is nicer at the Bahia as well. I found to the right side of the Iberostar a bit rocky. The other 2 Iberostars you can use as well. I don't think you would go wrong at either. But my favorite would still be the Bahia.Your teens would probably like the pools and beach area better there.....Good luck on your decision.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
10,288 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ok now im between Gran Bahia Principe or Iberostar Bavaro

Sue,

We stayed at the BP last year and the IB a few years ago.The BP has amazing pools but it is sooo big. I hated the tram. The IB is smaller.

If I was taking teenagers I would book the BP, they are more likely to meet friends there with the resort being larger.I never felt crowded at the BP.

Both resorts are beautiful. Good luck.