We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Topic
How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

I can't decide-- it SEEMS like the Palladium has more amenities- but it also seems like the RIU Bambu is nicer-- which would you recommend for a late 20's couple?

Also- has anyone stayed at the RIU- do you know if the rooms have a king bed (it says in the listing 2 double beds)

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Palladium Bavaro last April for two weeks and are returning April 10-24 to the Palladium Palace. We absolutely love this resort. We have been to the Dominican 6 times and this will be the first time that we return to a resort. I cannot comment on the RIU as I have never stayed.

Ohio
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Palladium Bavaro and did enjoy the resort. We then spent our 1st wedding anniv. at the Riu Bambu and liked the Bambu better. The Palladium is very large and spread out, as the Bambu is much cozier. We also found the service and the food at the Bambu to be much better. We are definitely returning to the Bambu. Also the Riu's list 2 double beds that are pushed together to make a king size...it really wasn't that bad.

New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

they both seem to have their benefits... do you feel like the ambiance, beaches and pools are better at one?

Also, as far as restaurant variety which is best?

Ohio
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

The only ala carte restaurant we ate at the Palladium was the Mexican and it was terrible, however, the buffet was pretty good. However, when we were at the Riu....we definitely returned home a few pounds heavier and the food quality was much better. The Palladium was newer rooms than the Bambu so I guess it is just each persons opinion on what they like. If you like a small atmosphere, not a lot of walking, and a beautiful beach...I'd pick the Bambu.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

We go for two weeks and prefer a larger resort. We found the food at the Palladium to be excellent and tried all of the a la cartes. I guess it just depends on your tastes. I grew up in Europe and have eaten all kinds of different foods. The food and the cleanliness of this beautiful resort are two of the main reasons that we are returning.

New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

I know you have acess to all the RIU hotels (w the exception of the Palace) if you stay at the Bambu..

however for some reason I am having trouble understanding what hotels you have access to if you stay at the Palladium (what complex is it in?)

btw-- thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

I forgot to ask... does the Palladium have white sand beaches?? It doesn't look like it from the pictures

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

Palladium's beach was absolutely the most beautiful I've ever seen!

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do these compare? Palladium Bavaro Grand Resort & Spa...

You have access to all sections of the Palladium except for the Royal Suites which is an adults only section. The Palladium has many different sections, the Bavaro, The Palace, the Punta Cana, The Lookea and the Royal Suites. They have the most beautiful white sand beach and the resort itself is kept immaculate.