We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question to all the Secrets Experts!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Question to all the Secrets Experts!

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me. I am going to Secrets for my honeymoon in August (you might have seen my other posts). The price difference between a Jr. Suite Ocean Swim Out Suite and a Honeymoon Suite isn't too bad (approx. $800 U.S). Can anyone recommend which suite is the best to stay at? Also, I have seen a few times that oceanview is a waste of money, is this the case in your experience(s)?

Any info. is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question to all the Secrets Experts!

I'd book the Honeymoon Suite!!!

We had a regular Ocean View Club Excellence..

I would've loved to have the suite. It has an amazing jacuzzi outside on the patio, with great oceanview!!!

And if you are on your honeymoon, I would absolutely most definitely book at least the oceanview.. garden view is beautiful, but you want something special on your honeymoon.. I thought the views were great from our room.. the ocean is just spectacular.. and the sound of the waves.. so romantic.

We had expresso on our balcony looking at the pool and the beach, it was great!!

Congratulations!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question to all the Secrets Experts!

Do you think I should go with the Excellence Club? It's pretty expensive! Did you find it worth it? Would it be best to just upgrade once we arrive?

Thanks!

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question to all the Secrets Experts!

I thought it was worth it, I will be upgrading again when I go back in April.

The rates are $50.00 pp per day.

It gives you nicer rooms, Club Excellence lounge with premium drink selection, dvd movies available from the lounge, nicer robes and slippers, free internet, snacks at the Club lounge.. and the concierge services, which are awesome, we used them quite a few times.. they are right there, and if you need anything, just ask them..

They searched for our misplaced camera bag, unlocked our room within seconds when we left our key in the room, confirm your flights for you.. scissors, glue, etc.. lol like I said whatever you need..

If the above things are not important to you, then you will be just great in the regular section of the resort.

:)

Ontario, Ohio
Level Contributor
799 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question to all the Secrets Experts!

Our favorite room is 1004. It is a swim out in the small pool. 5 steps & your in the pool. We usually don't bother with ocean view because we are never in the room. The Excellence Club is nice, but, to us, we would not use it enough to justify the extra cost. If you want a swimout in the Excellence Club, The suites are 7005 & 7105. The honeymoon suite is 7205. Contact the hotel direct to ensure a specific room. Your travel agent will tell you that it has been done, but it will not have been.