We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MC email response, any luck?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
MC email response, any luck?

I have not had any luck getting a response. Tried all the various emails listed on the forum (Linda, Ricardo, info) I booked a Jr Colonial Suite after being told by my TA they had a pool or ocean view, room service, & premium drinks. After seeing the "new" drink menu and reading that the Jr Colonial suites are also garden view, and may not even be ready, and room service is not included,I am bummed. I am trying to at least secure a water view Jr Colonial Suite....

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MC email response, any luck?

Do you mean "Melia Caribe" in Punta Cana?????

Calgary
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: MC email response, any luck?

I assume you mean the Majestic Colonial. I have yet to receive a response either... 3 days now...

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: MC email response, any luck?

Yep, the Majestic Colonial.

Amesbury...
Level Contributor
171 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MC email response, any luck?

can't wait for your review ; we leave on 2/17 for 11 nights

any idea about Carnival?

Maine
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: MC email response, any luck?

Sanbin,

We leave from Boston on 2/17 as well. We only have 7 nights though. We are a couple from Maine 46/50. Our flight leaves at 5:00 am. What time is your flight?

What type of room did you book? We booked an ocean front junior suite. However, I am concerned because they only advertise 24 of these rooms and Expedia is still booking them. I tried emailing Expedia and they did not respond.

I have read the reviews from people on this site about getting there and not having a room because travel agents overbooked. Since this week is a very busy vacation week, I wonder how they can do this.

I have also read that there is free Internet access. Since we have a home in Kissimmee that we rent out to people going to Disney, I need to check my email every day. Would it be advisable to bring my laptop?

Dianne

Amesbury...
Level Contributor
171 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MC email response, any luck?

We are both 61. I planned on bringing my laptop mainly to occupy myself at the airport and on the plan. We are flying out of Manchester at 6:30 into Charlotte. We leave there at 9:30 and arrive in DR at 2:00

We chose a garden or pool view since the upgrade to the ocean view was a bit pricey. We originally planned 10 nights flying back on a Monday, but by staying an additional night and flying home Tuesday it was $80 cheaper. We didn't have too much problem choosing the extra night.

I am glad the recent reviews have gotten progressively better.I hope there are some Carnival activities or parades to partake of while we are there. What time you getting into Punta Cana? Except for the recent snow this has been a great winter. If it will hold off till the 18th of Feb., it will make it all the better.

Hope we run into you there.

Normand and Barbara

Maine
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: MC email response, any luck?

Hi Normand & Barbara,

We make a connection in Charlotte at 9:30 on a U.S. Airways flight and arrive at in Punta Cana at 1:52. Do you think we have the same flight? I can't wait to get there. I would have taken the extra night, too. Maybe next year.

I would also like to partake in some activities. I don't think we will actually get the Ocean front room, but I hope to at least get a pool view room. I was told that some of the garden view rooms face the back of the resort, and also another resort.

I tried emailing MC with no response. I also tried emailing Expedia and they didn't respond either. I guess it's like everyone else says, "Go with an open mind and relax." I think that's the key to a great and relaxing vacation!

Dianne

Boston
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: MC email response, any luck?

I just returned the 15 of Jan. It was not what we were told. No top shelf drinks are included to start off with. The room service is for a extra fee and the room construction is still underway. Over all the resort was nice but not what people make it out to be. The beah was great and they did have a lot of beach chairs, I never had to wait for a good one. they had ocean rooms when I was there so be sure to ask.

Amesbury...
Level Contributor
171 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MC email response, any luck?

I think there is only one flight out of Charlotte at that time. I tried to find out our seat but they said we cant get seat reservation from Charlotte till we leave from Manchester. I will call back as it seems everytime you call an airline you get a different answer. Three weeks and we are off!!!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: MC email response, any luck?

So has any one had any luck with email requests? I heard back fom Linda Santos, finally, who told me that the room I booked is a garden or pool view not ocean or pool view as per my TA, no guarantees. I called the hotel and left a request for a pool view Jr Colonial suite. Has any one stayed in a Jr Colonial suite? Where are they? Do the ocean view suites have the round patio whirlpools too? She did not address my questions about having to pay for "premium" cocktails or room service......Thank goodness the beach is fabulous or I would be really bummed about what I booked with all the choices out there!